• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I was always a fan of the Grand National GNX, one of the better American cars from the 80's.

For some reason I never quite liked the GN's nor the Monte Carlo SS etc. I could never quite put my finger on it until I saw this:
latest

It all came together for me then.

You shut your mouth. :twofinger

1988_Ford_Mustang_LX_5.0_Notchback_Coupe_Front_1.jpg

I bought my self a brand new 88 LX with the 5.0 package and a 5 speed....that car went way better than the advertised Hp.
I shut down many a high dollar car with my budget muscle car.....Just don't try to stop one in a hurry..:rofl
DT

I bought a new '86 5.0 notch in September '86, when the '87 GTs came out. So butt-ugly with all that "ground-efffects" shit and the cheese-grater taillights I figured I'd better not wait.

The good - great power for its day (slower than a modern Camry V6), great freeway gas mileage, great sound, cheap. And I liked the 4-eye styling.

The bad - for shit quality control, mediocre handling, useless brakes (10" disks in the front).

These days, you can band-aid 'em up with all kinds of aftermarket stuff, but there wasn't much available back then, and the port EFI was voodoo.

An old buddy had an '86, white with some black here and there. Loved the looks of that car. I had a '90 gt with the 94+ front calipers, rear disc and 5-lug conversion. Motor was stock, but the small upgrade in brakes rounded it out pretty well. That live axle sure like to step out on *any* bump you'd find mid-corner, scared me more than once. Sure kind of a piece of shit, but also lots of fun.

Are ya'll talking about Ford Fairlane the car:

picture.php

(The Fairlane in the 60s was actually pretty cool.)

My cousin has a '66 Fairlane with that body style. His dad bought it new and its been a runner for 52 years aside from downtime for one engine rebuild.

And on the other subject, I love the Fox body Mustangs.

Last edited:
Back