• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

The AC Shelby Cobra's never fail to snap my neck to attention. :thumbup

On that note, what's a kit car?

The AC Shelby Cobra's never fail to snap my neck to attention. :thumbup

On that note, what's a kit car?

A car you build yourself. It can range from a Fiero with a body kit (made to look like a Testarossa or whatever) to a ground up, built from scratch mean machine.

A guy I work with built a Cobra and it's tits. It's not some cheap kit, he had to do a ton of fabrication and it looks great. Must go like stink, too cuz it supposedly weighs about 2200lbs and has about 450hp. :shocker

I remember seeing ads for an AC Shelby Cobra kit car when I was younger. I looked 'em up today, and they go for just over $7k. What would a kit like that normally include, and what else would be left for me to source?

Homologated versions of Toyota GT One and Nissan R 390.
These raced against the McLaren F1 GTR, Porsche 911 GT-1,
and Mercedes CLK-GTR in the nineties. I believe they made
about 25 of each for the street, but not sure if they were sold
in the states.

Attachments

• gt one.jpg
    gt one.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 85
  • r390.jpg
    r390.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 94
I remember seeing ads for an AC Shelby Cobra kit car when I was younger. I looked 'em up today, and they go for just over $7k. What would a kit like that normally include, and what else would be left for me to source?

Depends, they vary wildly. For $7k, you ain't getting much. Some use a late model Mustang chassis and drivetrain for their basis, some cost near six figures. Add in all the hours of construction and a good kit is far from inexpensive.

Diy Batmobile $1Mil
[url]http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2009-09/build-batmobile-1-million[/url][/QUOTE]

And more on that...

[URL="http://www.pyroradio.com/index.cfm/act/news_details/id/411"]http://www.pyroradio.com/index.cfm/act/news_details/id/411[/URL]

bumper cars

street legal bumper cars

Attachments

• FSFMY5FFHDY7MA6_MEDIUM.jpg
    FSFMY5FFHDY7MA6_MEDIUM.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 1027546_article_img_large1.jpg
    1027546_article_img_large1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 562
  • bumpercar3.jpg
    bumpercar3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 81
Vettes are known for getting good highway mileage since they are small/aerodynamic and have fairly large, powerful engine that isn't working hard to push it at highway speeds.

:thumbup read in a Vette magazine that one of the editors went on a long trip without refueling the vette....forgot where he went though...avg mpg was i think either 26 or 28

saw a Panoz car that looked like this around San Jose...

panoz20esperante20gt1xq0.jpg

Last edited:
LOL@MIKET...

Well, i read on the internet that a corvette driver when somewhere else further without refueling too. I dunno where.

:twofinger

:laughing ahha hey hey....i remember it was a cross country trip or something :p

read it in the Corvette Quarterly :teeth

Last edited:
Hey look! Porshe copied a Ferrari.

Hey look! A troll!:twofinger Nothing againts Ferrari, but IMO Porsche has some of the sexiest designed car bodies on the planet. Having said that, I think the Carrera GT was a starting point when designing this concept. Too bad I probably won't own either :(

+1....that front was hella obvious

mur_sv_rear_detail_large.jpg

as much as im a Ferrari fan....the last Murc is pretty nice...

LP 760 4 SV

I think big split front airdam vents are the in thing now :nerd

Attachments

• fronts.JPG
    fronts.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 100

I certainly see much more than a copied design, it looks like a continuation of the Porsche style, which has never attempted to emulate Ferrari. To simply state they're the same because the front holes are in the same place is really not looking very closely at the design.

" ...it has tires and seats, just like the Yugo did! But the motor's in the back, so it must be like the Beetle..." :|

All cars are going to have basic elements in common, if that's all a car is to someone, then I'm glad they're not the ones designing them.

Back