• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Of all the cars that got unveiled at the Detroit, the Supra is probably the one people are the least impressed with. I actually kind of like its funky looks. But much like everyone else, the rest of the car is pretty much a gigantic disappointment as a follow up the MkIV. Suffers the same syndrome as the new NSX. Was gone for so long, then the comeback got teased for years, only to see the eventual release wasn’t some flying machine that could outperm a F1 car and get 80mpg, so everyone just is meh about it. In the Supra’s case, the meh is well deserved. Horsepower of a rental Camaro with a price tag higher than the V8 model? Ooooo sign me up. And having BMW make most of the car? A bit embarrassing and lame for Toyota to do.

Now. On to a car that pretty much everyone wet themself over at the Detroit show....

2020-ford-shelby-mustang-gt500-1.jpg

I'm going to have see the new Supra in person before making a judgement. Not excited yet.

That thing is fucking ugly on the outside, and a near exact copy of the Z4 interior on the inside.

The base engine has less power than the Toyobaru / Subyota twins.

The 'vents' next to the headlights, on the hood, in the doors, and next to the tail lights are all fake.

It's a fail.

Now. On to a car that pretty much everyone wet themself over at the Detroit show....

I wonder if they've fixed the voodoo motor. That thing drank more oil than a 2-stroke motorcycle. Quite a few engine failures too.

I wonder if they've fixed the voodoo motor. That thing drank more oil than a 2-stroke motorcycle. Quite a few engine failures too.

Forged/beefed up internals, so hopefully they fixed the NA 5.2’s shortcomings.

It’s not a voodoo motor. DCT only is a fail. I’m worried about Ford. They are going down the path no one cared about(chasing numbers) instead of making cars people like to drive.

It’s not a voodoo motor. DCT only is a fail. I’m worried about Ford. They are going down the path no one cared about(chasing numbers) instead of making cars people like to drive.

I don’t mind the DCT. Since it’s a “muscle” car, they still should probably have offered a old fashioned manual for those who are willing to sacrifice a couple tenths in the quarter. But I get the state of the game. Double clutches are faster and don’t make mistakes.

How is it not a Voodoo? Still 5.2 and flat plane crank. Must be the same architecture right?

I don’t mind the DCT. Since it’s a “muscle” car, they still should probably have offered a old fashioned manual for those who are willing to sacrifice a couple tenths in the quarter. But I get the state of the game. Double clutches are faster and don’t make mistakes.

How is it not a Voodoo? Still 5.2 and flat plane crank. Must be the same architecture right?

Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin all make no cars with manuels.

Besides being quicker, they take less skill and let's be honest... few people really have any bidness being at the wheel of a 700+hp car. :laughing

Does Ferrari still make a manual? I thought they stopped that a while ago.

Correct. And as I said, same with Lambo, Aston Martin and come to think of it, neither does McLaren.

Porsche obviously does, but not on their king-kong model, the GT2-RS.

These cars are so blindingly fast, your average rich douchebag who'd drive one would be so far behind the curve with a manual, it would end up being a liability both safety wise and speed wise.

According to YooBoob, people can't handle the 300 to 425-odd horsepower you get in a regular Mustang, let alone near twice that.

Well in the real world nobody actually needs 700 HP.

Its an addiction though. My Cobra makes ~620 at the wheels right now and I NEED an extra 200 horsepower like a meth head needs crank. Got a new fuel system on order and have plans to swap out the blower for a KB 2.65 crusher, then get it tuned for corn and I should be in the 800 whp ballpark.

What will I do with all that power? Probably plow into a crowd of bystanders, its the dream of every mustang owner.

Its an addiction though. My Cobra makes ~620 at the wheels right now and I NEED an extra 200 horsepower like a meth head needs crank. Got a new fuel system on order and have plans to swap out the blower for a KB 2.65 crusher, then get it tuned for corn and I should be in the 800 whp ballpark.

What will I do with all that power? Probably plow into a crowd of bystanders, its the dream of every mustang owner.

Hellz yeah. Be sure to video your exit from your local Cars & Coffee and post said mass carnage on yooboob ASAP. :party

It is not a flat plane. It’s cross plane and is basically the new aluminator motor.

Back