• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I'm going to have see the new Supra in person before making a judgement. Not excited yet.

2020-toyota-supra-launch-edition.jpg

img-1357546395-1547469319548.jpg

2020-toyota-supra-2.jpg

First one sold for $2 million plus: https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...opping-dollar21-million/ar-BBStXoC?li=BBnb4R5

Yikes.

I thought the Celica was the new Miata. Enough visual similarities to be brothers.

The first Mustang GT500 Shelby sold for half that... $1.1 mil.

When GM brings out the mid engine Vette I wonder what that first one will go for...

Might be a tax dodge if a charity is involved maybe? Why anyone would drop 2 million on one???!!

Two million for charity makes it easier to deal with.

Yup...

The car will be auctioned with Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale, Arizona on January 19th, 2019—just five days after the car's reveal at the Detroit Auto Show on the 14th (which, if you're counting, is just over a month away). All proceeds will go to the American Heart Association and the Bob Woodruff Foundation, which helps post-9/11 veterans, services members, and their families.

A 2019 Ford GT Heritage also sold at that auction for $2.5M. Big difference between that Supra. Someone could sell that Ford what they paid for it (probably more) in their lifetime. How long it’ll take for Supra #1 to be worth $2M? Not in that buyer’s lifetime or even his kids’ kids lifetime.

A 2019 Ford GT Heritage also sold at that auction for $2.5M. Big difference between that Supra. Someone could sell that Ford what they paid for it (probably more) in their lifetime. How long it’ll take for Supra #1 to be worth $2M? Not in that buyer’s lifetime or even his kids’ kids lifetime.

looong time. kinda reminds me of stevens creek honda wanting 20k over sticker for the #17 civic type r:laughing salesmen tried to tell me it would be worth double in 10 years:rofl

looong time. kinda reminds me of stevens creek honda wanting 20k over sticker for the #17 civic type r:laughing salesmen tried to tell me it would be worth double in 10 years:rofl

I’ve been seeing Ford dealers try to get $10k over for the new Bullitt Mustang. “Collectible and rare” or some horseshit. They’ve done the Bullitt before. Now when I see those, they just look like every other beat up Mustang, it’s just dark green. Who cares.

The Civic trying to get $20k over is equally as ridiculous. However...a few months ago a 1997 Integra Type-R with super low miles was at an auction and hammered for $63k. Another one with 60k miles sold for $40k earlier last year. Clean NA1/NA2 NSX prices have been skyrocketing as has the S2000. So maybe, there’s something there? I just don’t see the current CTR being nearly as iconic and pulling big demand in the future.

[youtube]yHPqe4khs90[/youtube]

Interesting concept and I like the look, but Fed laws concerning passenger protection would have made it ugly as hell here in the states. can you imagine the bumper that would have had to have been hung on the front? :laughing

Back