• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

[YOUTUBE]/kBu8oD69IZQ[/YOUTUBE]

:wow that's beautiful and amazing.

Then there's this.

dsc_1935.jpg

Last edited:
P1s are so much prettier

Am I the only one that keeps looking back at those pictures to see where it says Marlboro on the cars?

Some water got inside my mustang after my dad went a little overboard cleaning it. It’s currently stored at my parents.

Damn I miss driving this thing. Once I get some funds set aside I’m gonna get it driving again. Won’t take much. Not looking for a show winner, just a driver and tire roaster.

Looking forward to more posts when you get it running. I had a '69 Mach 1 (351w) in the early '80s when they were a dime a dozen. Pretty fun car and I'm still in love with the looks.

Some water got inside my mustang after my dad went a little overboard cleaning it. It’s currently stored at my parents.

Damn I miss driving this thing. Once I get some funds set aside I’m gonna get it driving again. Won’t take much. Not looking for a show winner, just a driver and tire roaster.

Just do it Dubbs. We have been hearing about you getting this thing on the road for years now.
:thumbup

if you wanna go nuts with it later on i suggest hot rod service co. in campbell. they dont do social media or big stuff on their website but theres a reason for it. if youre ever in that area swing by the shop you will see why.

Last edited:
Just saw this video online. Always fun to see what they're up to with this car.

[Youtube]lvWJDqHZQI0[/youtube]

You have already been programmed. :laughing

Funny thing is that I never associated those colors with smoking and cigarettes, I associated them with racing, whether on a car or a bike. I didn't even know what John Player Specials were, but I knew black and gold were the colors of Lotus.

Never smoked, either.

Funny thing is that I never associated those colors with smoking and cigarettes, I associated them with racing, whether on a car or a bike. I didn't even know what John Player Specials were, but I knew black and gold were the colors of Lotus.

Never smoked, either.
To me, those colors are inextricably linked to Marlboro. Formula 1 and McLaren, Indycar and Penske, MotoGP and Yamaha. The "pentroof" design on the nose of both the GT and GP cars in the pic above was a signature that appeared on all the Marlboro-sponsored cars and bikes. They eventually had to take their name off the vehicles, but there was no doubt what the paint scheme represented.

The red on the racecars and bikes wasn't quite like the red on the cigarette package; it was kinda orangey. In fact, that color was designed to look the same as the product when seen on television.

I still remember reading the first Hot Rod magazine article on Big Red. I've always viewed it as my ultimate dream car, because I was never a "drag race" guy in the first place. What you see these days is decades of trial and error, good old fashioned "know how", and bucket loads of dollars, refined into one amazing ride.

Here's an older video they did
[YOUTUBE]UEDeorDvrsE[/YOUTUBE]

Is that the famous #69 from Thunderhill?

While our was red #69 was impressive at an amateur level, it pales to the one above. (It WAS Karl's inspiration though). Sadly, it looks like 69's track days are over. Since the crash at Sears, Karl's focus has slowly shifted to returning it to a streetable version. I just recently saw pics that showed all of the roll cage is removed.

Last edited:
While our was red #69 was impressive at an amateur level, it pales to the one above. (It WAS Karl's inspiration though). Sadly, it looks like 69's track days are over. Since the crash at Sears, Karl's focus has slowly shifted to returning it to a streetable version. I just recently saw pics that showed all of the roll cage is removed.

That car was simply eye and ear candy at TH. I really miss seeing that thing circle. Sadly I moved on from Trackdays and sold my Mustang back in 2014. :thumbdown

Back