• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

If you want to break my heart, this ’57 Bel Air has been restored as shown, with an LS3 Motor in it for about 430 Horses to pull that entire giant frame around. Not the fastest rocket on the road, but a hoot and a half, I’m sure. If I could have any car on the road, I reckon it would be one of these guys. Just look at this bloody thing. LOOK AT IT!

158084386.jpg
I want everything I own to be that color. Including my house. :x

I'm not a fan of mustangs, much less fox bodies, but that thing looks like a beast

Fox bodies make good drag cars.
At least better than those yeast infection Camaros (hi Jesse).
Notch back 5.0s were always kinda funky looking. 85’ GT is still my fav fox body. In the end, absent just building a purpose built race car, I can certainly appreciate nice work regardless of what I think about any particular model or car.

I want everything I own to be that color. Including my house. :x

When I was shopping for a Z, I looked high and low for the Daytona Blue version. Most I found were clapped out, and they only used that color in the earlier, less desirable years.

I can hardly imagine how much time and effort it took to make that huge car that perfect to make the equally awesome paint look that good.

Last edited:
When I was shopping for a Z, I looked high and low for the Daytona Blue version. Most I found were clapped out, and they only used that color in the earlier, less desirable years.

I can hardly imagine how much time and effort it took to make that huge car that perfect to make the equally awesome paint look that good.

Z06?

I wanted the blue one too. At the time I was looking, they were $2K higher than the black or silver ones. The yellow or red ones were $2K less than the black or sliver ones. I settled on silver. Black being too hard to keep clean and swirl free, and there was no way I'd own the red or yellow.

Sexy under the hood, but SO fugly. Gen 3 Mustangs are the worst, even uglier than Gen 3 Camaros. Did Americans produce any car the looked decent in the 80's? Even the 4th Gen Corvettes looked crap.

Mullet Camaros are garbage. Foxbody coupes are tits. I’ve owned an LX hatch, LX coupe, and a GT. I love me some foxbody Mustangs.

If you want to break my heart, this ’57 Bel Air has been restored as shown, with an LS3 Motor in it for about 430 Horses to pull that entire giant frame around. Not the fastest rocket on the road, but a hoot and a half, I’m sure. If I could have any car on the road, I reckon it would be one of these guys. Just look at this bloody thing. LOOK AT IT!

I appreciate the work that went into it, but a few issues I have:

1. ’57 is the worst of the Tri-5 Chevys. ‘55 is teh bestest.
  2. LS swap? Meh.... too cliche at this point. If you’re going to put that kind of coin into a compete resto, then choose something with more imagination. I dig Mike Finnegan’s Blasphemi ‘55 gasser.
  3. Resto-mod/pro touring on a Tri-5 has never sat right with me. Factory restoration or ALL business drag car. It looks too modern with the big wheels, low profile tires, and offset rear wheels.
  4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol@ LS swaps being "cliche." Reliable horsepower is never cliche

I’m not knocking the LS platform. I’d put an LS in a foxbody before I put it that car.

That’s a show car. Reliability should be set aside. A car with that amount of money put in deserved something more unique.

Roadkill has built some real dogshit...

That’s basically the entire concept of the show. Find out how much of a piece of garbage they can bring back to life, get it back to LA, and then park it for 3 years. When you’re out of ideas, revive the junk that’s been parked for three years in your back lot.

:laughing

That’s basically the entire concept of the show. Find out how much of a piece of garbage they can bring back to life, get it back to LA, and then park it for 3 years. When you’re out of ideas, revive the junk that’s been parked for three years in your back lot.

:laughing

Roadkill is awesome.

Mullet Camaros are garbage. Foxbody coupes are tits. I’ve owned an LX hatch, LX coupe, and a GT. I love me some foxbody Mustangs.

I appreciate the work that went into it, but a few issues I have:

1. ’57 is the worst of the Tri-5 Chevys. ‘55 is teh bestest.
  2. LS swap? Meh.... too cliche at this point. If you’re going to put that kind of coin into a compete resto, then choose something with more imagination. I dig Mike Finnegan’s Blasphemi ‘55 gasser.
  3. Resto-mod/pro touring on a Tri-5 has never sat right with me. Factory restoration or ALL business drag car. It looks too modern with the big wheels, low profile tires, and offset rear wheels.
  4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hate the fox body on everything. It is just a straight ugly ass design to me. A vehicle should not have straight lines on it unless it is the kind of extreme panels and right angles on like an old Ferrari. The '55 Bel Air just doesn't have the fins, the '57 is the best looking one to me.

This thread is about looks, not performance, yes?

I’m not knocking the LS platform. I’d put an LS in a foxbody before I put it that car.

That’s a show car. Reliability should be set aside. A car with that amount of money put in deserved something more unique.

If I won the lotto, I would be doing one as my daily, but with a more practical suspension set up. A GM bolt on performer is deal for that.

Last edited:

What if performance makes your jaw drop?

If I won the lotto, I would be doing one as my daily, but with a more practical suspension set up. A GM bolt on performer is deal for that.

If I won the lottery I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities....

Why does it need to be so limiting? It could be a great looking car, or one so horrific, or one with mind blowing performance, or one just dreadful. Its just about something shocking, amazing, one someone is in awe over.

If I won the lottery I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities....

You win Nick...

My 210 4 door post wont drop panties any day soon, but someday...

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Why does it need to be so limiting? It could be a great looking car, or one so horrific, or one with mind blowing performance, or one just dreadful. Its just about something shocking, amazing, one someone is in awe over.

I had a Morris Mini Cooper S. Quite simply the worst car I ever owned.:laughing

Back