• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

(Re)built by a friend.

attachment.php

I think I saw that car at the Sonoma Festival of Speed!

The guy who owns the shop where I used to work (a long time ago) restored this Riley chassis Pontiac.

pontiac-resto-2.jpg

pontiac-resto-1.jpg

62576069_10157229569963396_6798062996179386368_n.jpg

It doesn't really make my jaw drop, but the guy that owns the Senna spends money like I would like to think I would if I was a billionaire. He showed up to one of our events and decided he didn't like the color of the 570 GT4 we brought, so he bought the display car on the spot. Then he bought another to keep in Europe.

It's a Riley, not Huffaker? I really don't know a lot about them, but thought they were Huffaker.

I know Huffaker ran a lot of Valvoline sponsored Pontiacs. Maybe I got it wrong but I thought he told me it was a Riley chassis. Its front engine and it could easily accept bodywork for Camaros or Mustangs or other V-8 GT cars of that era.

I know this is out of place here but I couldn't help but think of this..

[youtube]Zip4QyJyD5g[/youtube]

(Re)built by a friend.

attachment.php

Beautiful! There was a white one at the Monterey Historic races dicing it up with some Porsches several years ago.

I used to own a Vega, and always wished it could be a V8 Monza!

Did some work on the intake/exhaust on mine and it would keep up with or take a 305 Camaro, back in the day. On the curves it actually did decently...

I had a '78 Pontiac Sunbird Coupe that I got for $500 sometime in the late '80s. It cured me of any nostalgia for street cars of that era. IMSA race cars are still cool.

I know Huffaker ran a lot of Valvoline sponsored Pontiacs. Maybe I got it wrong but I thought he told me it was a Riley chassis. Its front engine and it could easily accept bodywork for Camaros or Mustangs or other V-8 GT cars of that era.

Oh, if it's front engine then you are probably right. The Huffaker Fieros were mid engine.

https://youtu.be/LYeRX_HPA38

Sorry if you dont like chris, but the car is fantastic, and he tosses it around like its... not his.

Edit: i like Chris. His job is hard to beat.

Last edited:
Back