• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Any of you find yourself searching for cars you think you'd buy on ebay but never wood really? I do that here and there.

I often search "1967" just to see what kind of interesting cars or project cars I can find that match my birth year....

My other common searches are...
Cvcc, Civic 1200, VW Baja, Dune buggy, Corrado, Wolfsburg, vanagon, 4x4 van, crawler project, race project, 4x4 RV, suburban 2500, jeep diesel, jeep project,,,
So pretty much, all the things! 😆

an actual SEE, or a regular unimog? cool either way.

for anyone that cares, so not Rob, the SEE is a unimog variant that the us military bought because they wanted to. closer to the unimog's tractor roots with PTOs and attachments and stuff

I used it to take the top of one of the fj40s that are starting to accumulate around me. No pics of the act unfortunately. But here is the truck my buddy got.
In other news, hopefully I will have a jaw dropper in a couple of years:
80 series donor shows up today for body removal and part out. Fj40 donor is here, I'm having hesitation about cutting it up instead of building another budget build. Need a good LS engine and trans combo to fall from heaven soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4486.jpg
    IMG_4486.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I used it to take the top of one of the fj40s that are starting to accumulate around me. No pics of the act unfortunately. But here is the truck my buddy got.
In other news, hopefully I will have a jaw dropper in a couple of years:
80 series donor shows up today for body removal and part out. Fj40 donor is here, I'm having hesitation about cutting it up instead of building another budget build. Need a good LS engine and trans combo to fall from heaven soon.

that's rad
i want the front seatbelts from the 80 series if they're still functioning, especially the driver side (though i think driver and passenger are same PN)

are you making it a short wheel base to match the 40 series body or some kind of mongrel? fj45lv? :teeth

that's rad
i want the front seatbelts from the 80 series if they're still functioning, especially the driver side (though i think driver and passenger are same PN)

are you making it a short wheel base to match the 40 series body or some kind of mongrel? fj45lv? :teeth

Come get anything you want or need from the body. It is (was) a diesel RHD.

I did a bunch of doodling and sick Ms paint work and this is the plan.

I like the overall length of the BJ46, (+14" over fj40) but the rear wheels are too far forward in the rear quarter with a 95" wheelbase (fj40 is 90").
So I am going to stretch the tub 14" but center the wheels in the quarter (as I need to replace the quarters anyway) by cutting the 80 chassis wheelbase from 112" to 105". The track of the 80 is much wider too, so I need to get the right offset wheel to keep them tucked in but also, I want the belly as low as possible while running 37"s or 40"s. So that will force the tires out a bit.

Pics of the 80 donor, mocked up bj46 with the wheels slid back to about 105", the red donor fj40 and the current fj40 (I am redoing the full cage ATM).

Should keep me busy for a few years.

Someone please find me a.low mile LS 6.0 complete and an nv4500 ��

Attachments

• IMG_20190626_164259.jpg
    IMG_20190626_164259.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 64
  • tan bj46 wheels back.jpg
    tan bj46 wheels back.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20190618_090758.jpg
    IMG_20190618_090758.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
that'll be fun!
the 80 was a diesel? why not run the toyota diesel? 5.3 LS would be plenty to to motivate that thing

call valley hybrids in stockton, they might have something

I've heard of people swapping Mercedes diesel motors into the BJs.

that'll be fun!
the 80 was a diesel? why not run the toyota diesel? 5.3 LS would be plenty to to motivate that thing

call valley hybrids in stockton, they might have something

I got the 80 from George at valley hybrids. My friend is tight with him. The engine and trans and a lot of other parts were taken out already, I just want the rolling chassis and some other bits.
I wand a 6.0 gasser with a stick as it will be more fun for me to drive that a diesel. My buddy has Toyota 3bt (?) Diesels swapped into a couple of cruisers. Nice for Wheeling but not what I want to drive everyday

My friend from a long time ago is selling a completely restored CJ5 if someone is interested.

I got the 80 from George at valley hybrids. My friend is tight with him. The engine and trans and a lot of other parts were taken out already, I just want the rolling chassis and some other bits.
I wand a 6.0 gasser with a stick as it will be more fun for me to drive that a diesel. My buddy has Toyota 3bt (?) Diesels swapped into a couple of cruisers. Nice for Wheeling but not what I want to drive everyday

Sou is like you did it backwards. Should have left your 40s and checkbook in Stockton and picked it up later!

]

Found these yesterday @ Carson City airport open house & car show
The champ car is for sale, street legal in Nv.

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpg
    IMG_1915.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1916.jpg
    IMG_1916.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 114
We’ve probably already posted this here. But since I’d rather look at this than these funky Unimog looking things...and because my CFO has given me the green light to buy one if I want next year. Ford revealed that the GT500 will be coming in at 760hp.

small_mustang_shelby_gt500.jpg

I kinda want a Mustang now. Don't need 760 hp though.

We’ve probably already posted this here. But since I’d rather look at this than these funky Unimog looking things...and because my CFO has given me the green light to buy one if I want next year. Ford revealed that the GT500 will be coming in at 760hp.

small_mustang_shelby_gt500.jpg

Bout time you bought a real car.

I kinda want a Mustang now. Don't need 760 hp though.

Pricing got announced for the GT500. I’m out. $74k to start. $3k for Tech option group which of course everyone is going to get. Stripes and a la carte Recaro seats would bring it right to around $80k. Then there’s a $18k group with carbon wheels, splitter and wing which I doubt many will think is worth it. So $80k. Then on top of that I imagine most dealers will go $20-25k over for at least the first year. My boss likes me, but not enough to let that much money go away to sell me the car at sticker.

Last edited:
So I just happen to get a ZL1 1LE through the shop today because it got traded in. Just short hopped it around the block. My fucking god that thing has got a rough ride with those Multimatic spool valve shocks. Ride aside, I like the engine. Will definitely test drive the regular ZL1 with much nice magnetic ride shocks to see if it’s livable as a DD.

Felt like a stagecoach. Seriously. Who the hell is buying those and just toodling around to Starbucks or whatever?

Last edited:
Found these yesterday @ Carson City airport open house & car show
The champ car is for sale, street legal in Nv.

I like the champ car. It would make for an interesting driver. But I really like the '58 Chevy truck in the background.

Max-Mini Cooper

[youtube]3puVMPEvNi0[/youtube]

My other common searches are...
Cvcc, Civic 1200, VW Baja, Dune buggy, Corrado, Wolfsburg, vanagon, 4x4 van, crawler project, race project, 4x4 RV...

My brother occasionally threatens to take his CVCC down to Mexico to sell for parts. As for 4x4 campers, I've got an 87 provan tiger popup sitting in the driveway.

Attachments

• 20141123_135640.jpg
    20141123_135640.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 92
Back