• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

We’ve probably already posted this here. But since I’d rather look at this than these funky Unimog looking things...and because my CFO has given me the green light to buy one if I want next year. Ford revealed that the GT500 will be coming in at 760hp.

small_mustang_shelby_gt500.jpg

We’ve probably already posted this here. But since I’d rather look at this than these funky Unimog looking things...and because my CFO has given me the green light to buy one if I want next year. Ford revealed that the GT500 will be coming in at 760hp.

Invest in flat bill hats. Make sure you leave the stickers on :twofinger

Sweet Jesus.
Too bad it’s probably going to be more than $70k

I think you have to be a (past/previous) GT350 owner to even qualify for one of these.

I may just go with that. If the five hundo winds up being a six figure check to drive off the lot, a voice of reason in my head will start yelling at me that it’s still only a Mustang and I could buy a XXXX for that kind of money.

Not worried about qualifying. The guy who signs my paychecks also owns a Ford dealership.

In that case, as a past customer of yours, I would be happy to do the break in miles on either a GT350 OR a 500. :)

I may just go with that. If the five hundo winds up being a six figure check to drive off the lot, a voice of reason in my head will start yelling at me that it’s still only a Mustang and I could buy a XXXX for that kind of money.

Not worried about qualifying. The guy who signs my paychecks also owns a Ford dealership.

Wouldn't waiting 15 months to buy one "used" make the most sense?

Probably. But I am willing to pay for the privilege of knowing the car was treated properly from the start. Especially with a very expensive engine involved.

Probably. But I am willing to pay for the privilege of knowing the car was treated properly from the start. Especially with a very expensive engine involved.

Especially considering the unnerving number of engine failures in the GT350.

Especially considering the unnerving number of engine failures in the GT350.

Exactly. Hopefully they’ve done some refining for the 2019 model on that front. Though, realistically I’ll be getting a 2020 model since I’d like to wait till I’m closer to getting out of my leased Acura.

Ha, my buddy just bought one of those. We used it the other day.

an actual SEE, or a regular unimog? cool either way.

for anyone that cares, so not Rob, the SEE is a unimog variant that the us military bought because they wanted to. closer to the unimog's tractor roots with PTOs and attachments and stuff

Buying those "used" doesn't make much sense. The used prices aren't going to save you any real money. Best you could do is buy one 5-7 years down the road after everyone has forgotten about them. 15 years down the road, everyone will want one again and the prices will jump up as long as the economy is doing well.

Generally cars are a terrible waste of money. They are neat and a fun way to pass the time, but you might as well just light you cash on fire. Rare cars like GT350Rs and the like might be the exception, but those games are played by folks with money anyways.

Last edited:
Buying those "used" doesn't make much sense. The used prices aren't going to save you any real money. Best you could do is buy one 5-7 years down the road after everyone has forgotten about them. 15 years down the road, everyone will want one again and the prices will jump up as long as the economy is doing well.

That too. Another reason why I’m looking at the Shelby and not a Camero or a Hellcat. Values on GT350s (and Raptors too) having been holding very strong.

Hell, it’s going to be a favor involved to get the new one for only sticker and not pay a markup.

That too. Another reason why I’m looking at the Shelby and not a Camero or a Hellcat. Values on GT350s (and Raptors too) having been holding very strong.

Hell, it’s going to be a favor involved to get the new one for only sticker and not pay a markup.

The over MSRP nonsense is kinda where I was going with waiting a bit. Hey If ya got the coin and want the ride go for it Rob. Life is short.

Sweet truck on Ebay!

s-l500.jpg

Any of you find yourself searching for cars you think you'd buy on ebay but never wood really? I do that here and there.

Ran into a family friends son who had a '69 Mach 1 like mine. His was restomded last time I saw it, bout 4-5 years ago. Well now it's a top notch pro touring insane ride. Had me looking up cars maybe I could buy all done and sell my mustang.

Back