• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

We had a customer with one of those Mercedes back in the day. The transmission shift gate was different than most. Gears 2 and 3 were lined up, and 1st was off to the side. Definitely built to row gears.

My 928S4 was the same way.

You guys know that that isn't an A4 right? It's a 600hp A6.

I'm not saying that I'd pay $120K for it, but it damn sure isn't going to depreciate 60% in 3-5 years.

People will not laughing WITH you, they’ll be laughing AT you if you drive that thing. :laughing

That thing would actually be pretty cool at soccer games, school events, and the Costco parking lot. But yeah there’s going to be a giggle or two if that parks up next to a Lambo at a Cars & Coffee meet.

I'm with him, FWIW. $120k for a car that's gonna lose 80k in value in the first 3-5 years is silly.

No one with any shred of sanity would buy an RS6 Avant. They'd lease it.

People will not laughing WITH you, they’ll be laughing AT you if you drive that thing. :laughing

I wouldn't. At least, not on the surface. I totally understand why some people think they need a minivan just like I totally understand why some people think they need a Suburban. It doesn't mean they actually do, nor does it mean that those same people could logically convince anyone that a minivan made by any manufacturer...or a Suburban (et. al.)...is as fun to drive while also practical as an RS6 Avant.

Comparing a Pacifica to the RS6 Avant or an E63 wagon is just ridiculous tho.

I dig the new RS Q3 Sportback, but it's not coming to the US...

picture.php

We had a customer with one of those Mercedes back in the day. The transmission shift gate was different than most. Gears 2 and 3 were lined up, and 1st was off to the side. Definitely built to row gears.

My 928S4 was the same way.

Likewise '69 911s (any Porsche with a 901 gearbox). I prefer it to 5th out of the "H".

Attachments

• porsche-901.jpg
    porsche-901.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 69
I love the Dino. When was a kid, a guy on the next block had one and would drive it down my street every once in a while. I would just stop and stare every time.

Back