• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

^ honestly I'm having trouble seeing past the "fast and furious' body kit on the 90's benzo. What am I missing here?

232 horsepower at 7,200 rpm
seriously "meh" on a heavy 4 door sedan.

Last edited:
GTFO with that Fast n' Bicurious shit. This is a DTM homologation special. This is not some fart-canned, neon-festooned turdmobile. Note the dark paint, lack of neon-festoonage, or 27-speed gear shifter.

This thing was made built to pave way for "factory" racing cars. Not drifting.

We had a customer with one of those Mercedes back in the day. The transmission shift gate was different than most. Gears 2 and 3 were lined up, and 1st was off to the side. Definitely built to row gears.

Car weighs 2900lbs. Go look up what a 2019 Honda Civic weighs.

Also compare it to anything else 1990, power to weight.

Also also… it's not a dragster.

FWIW, I would rather have the AMG wagon behind it. ;)

Theres a black one of those wagons where i park. I saw the guy leaving and gave him the, "badaas car" comment. He responded thanks, not many people know what it is, and its the best car i have ever owned.

That said, I would never buy one of these new. Wait a few years and get a $100k whip for 20 or 30. The resale is just so terrible on German luxury cars.

Last edited:
New is the only way I’d have any AMG.

Lose your ass on depreciation new. Or lose your ass on repairs and maintenance on a used one. No matter what, everybody pays.

In before the ”well I had/have great luck with *insert premium European brand* cars” anecdotal argument. Hearing that is all the same as hearing about someone who went to Vegas and gambled all weekend and came home ahead. There may be an extraordinary case here and there, but they didn’t build that town because most people win.

Car weighs 2900lbs. Go look up what a 2019 Honda Civic weighs.

Also compare it to anything else 1990, power to weight.

Also also… it's not a dragster.

I'm jut giving you shit man. I like light cars that are not overpowered and actually fun to drive without scaring the shit out of you. The Alfaholics GTA-R 290 is like my dream mountain road car.
That Benzo in particular wouldn't get my imaginary $100K but whatever blows your hair back is cool. :burnout

all this makes my jaw drop....

https://www.alfaholics.com/our-cars...r-project-270/alfaholics-gta-r-290-completed/

Last edited:
New is the only way I’d have any AMG.

Lose your ass on depreciation new. Or lose your ass on repairs and maintenance on a used one. No matter what, everybody pays.

In before the ”well I had/have great luck with *insert premium European brand* cars” anecdotal argument. Hearing that is all the same as hearing about someone who went to Vegas and gambled all weekend and came home ahead. There may be an extraordinary case here and there, but they didn’t build that town because most people win.

Eh, buying any of these expensive lux cars isn't my jam, but you can make out if you buy smart(er). There is always a risk, but my general feeling is Mercedes are pretty mechanically solid compared to BMWs, the peripheral accessory parts are what really kill you in the end as these cars are all hopelessly over complicated.

The real story is, those that can afford to buy new do. Those that can't, buy used and get the shit end of the stick at times. My belief is that german luxury is only really designed to last for the first 3-4 years, then start falling apart, because the car makers don't build them to last. People that buy new, buy new every few years and dump the used ones at a loss and move on with their lives. The OEMs don't give two shits about those buying in the used market, because they don't make any money off the purchase and clean up on sale for the spares. The "have not" suckers get to drive their fancy rides, so I guess everyone is happy until they have to pay the piper. Cue an even greater devaluation of 6-8 year old cars.

OR (an also a larger part of the story)

These cars are leased to suckers that get reamed at the end of 3 year terms, and the cars are out on the market.

Last edited:
Not too many years ago I would never ever consider a sport compact for any reason. But after trying to shove a near 800hp super-ish car through the turns up on 9/84/35 the past few months? I think you’re statement here is almost spot on, but I’ll just change the particular car.

I like light cars that are not overpowered and actually fun to drive without scaring the shit out of you. The Integra Type-R is like my dream mountain road car.
That Benzo in particular wouldn't get my imaginary $100K but whatever blows your hair back is cool. :burnout

Fixed.

I'm jut giving you shit man. I like light cars that are not overpowered and actually fun to drive without scaring the shit out of you. The Alfaholics GTA-R 290 is like my dream mountain road car.

all this makes my jaw drop....

https://www.alfaholics.com/our-cars...r-project-270/alfaholics-gta-r-290-completed/

Sick.

Well, if one has $100k to blow on a weekend toy car, having a 1 of 500 run with DTM connections isn't the worst thing to blow it on. There are much douchier choices. :laughing

Not too many years ago I would never ever consider a sport compact for any reason. But after trying to shove a near 800hp super-ish car through the turns up on 9/84/35 the past few months? I think you’re statement here is almost spot on, but I’ll just change the particular car.

Fixed.

eghhhhh, so cringy with Asian imports. They work well and I could have a blast with one sure but, that Alpha pushes all the right lust buttons.

eghhhhh, so cringy with Asian imports. They work well and I could have a blast with one sure but, that Alpha pushes all the right lust buttons.

Agree, that is a nice Alfa. Japanese sporty cars are less thrilling to me - they start, they run, they always get you home - no warts. Like comparing a WRX rally car to a Stratos.

Agree, that is a nice Alfa. Japanese sporty cars are less thrilling to me - they start, they run, they always get you home - no warts. Like comparing a WRX rally car to a Stratos.

meh

usb60ddc051a0101.png

Those stratos are super reliable.

Yes but how many of them can take the family of five including a baby stroller and all luggage to the track and perform as well as this will.

All while maintaining a level of interior and exterior refinement that the Japanese and American automakers are still woefully lacking.

Certainly none of the $120,000 Japanese or American station wagons compare to this Audi or the Mercedes AMG wagons.

Back