• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

^^^^ Did ya drive the "base model" or the ZR1?

The ATS V is quick but the CTS V is just bad to the bone! :teeth
Wish they had the new CT6 V Blackwing, would be super fun to see how it compares to the CTS V.

It’s the very last month of the ZR1 program so I’m glad I got this in. GM pays the full fee which is supposedly $4k.

What track layout do they use for V Academy?

Attachments

• 4697BF40-EB11-4B4F-BF89-DCED6F998E51.jpeg
    4697BF40-EB11-4B4F-BF89-DCED6F998E51.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 53
The Cadillac's run on the 1.5 Mile - West Course, runs clockwise. Fun, quick course, wish the back straight was twice as long! The Magnetic Ride Suspension in the Caddy is pretty darn sweet. It sticks.

That Vette is bad ass blue! You run on the East Course?
Cost for the ZR1 class, yeah I'm guessing $3.7K to $4K.
Fudge, that's gotta be fun in that car. :party

Attachments

• west-1.5m.png
    west-1.5m.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
The Cadillac's run on the 1.5 Mile - West Course, runs clockwise. Fun, quick course, wish the back straight was twice as long! The Magnetic Ride Suspension in the Caddy is pretty darn sweet. It sticks.

That Vette is bad ass blue! You run on the East Course?
Cost for the ZR1 class, yeah I'm guessing $3.7K to $4K.
Fudge, that's gotta be fun in that car. :party

I did the North/South course. 2.2 miles I believe. Back straight the ZR1 can crack 130 if you get a good exit from turn 7 and I got to 133 a couple times. Been going through PDR and GoPro footage all night. I’ll maybe clip one lap and post it here. The Cosworth Toolbox program you use with the PDR footage is amazing. You can overlay a pro lap versus yours and see where I bled time and why.

So to drive a Z06 here is $3700 I think. There technically is no price for ZR1 since you can only do that class if you buy the car. I’ve heard $4k but some said it’s worth $4500...but again, doesn’t matter since it’s not for sale anyways.

I’d kinda like to come back and take the Level 1 three day class. Won’t be with a ZR1, but shit comes up awful fast with that much power, and I definitely need to work on car placement. So I’d be fine doing it in a Z06 or even just a Grand Sport.

Dude has come a long way since Baywatch Hawaii. He put up a video of him visiting Harley headquarters about a year ago. He looked like a kid in a candy store and was so happy to be there. And I saw that same look on him in that video there doing that for his wife.

Very, very cool. :thumbup
If you ever have a chance to do a Daytona class Do It!!! The 3.56 mile road course is incredible fun!
FYI - The newest version of the Cosworth Toolbox is 3.0 if you don't have it.
I just might have to bite the bullet and do a three day Vette class at SM.

Here's a couple Caddy pics from different classes.
50197937142_9b8ae95361_k.jpg

46582385684_de4fd2d9ee_k.jpg

Very, very cool. :thumbup
If you ever have a chance to do a Daytona class Do It!!! The 3.56 mile road course is incredible fun!
FYI - The newest version of the Cosworth Toolbox is 3.0 if you don't have it.
I just might have to bite the bullet and do a three day Vette class at SM.

I tried updating my Cosworth Toolbox a few months ago and it wouldn’t even run anymore. Had to delete it and redownload the old version. Maybe I’ll try updating again and see if it works.

I kinda want to go back and do that 3 day “level 1” course too. But the $3800 could buy a couple sets of tires for my car and I could just C group it (a ZR1 in C group? Lol) to get more track miles under my belt at like Thunderhill or Sonoma. Probably never Laguna since I’ll never get under noise limit as it sits now and I’ll never put those ridiculous looking pipes on my car.

CTB - I'm running V3.0 (Build 406) - Update 1
I've notice that sometimes it will stop playing the videos and the play/continue symbol appears, then I select it and the vid continues.

Just an fyi...
On Spring Mountain's web site:
ZR1 Owners School Officially Ends Aug. 31st, 2020.

Maybe they're going to get the C8-ZR1's when they are available.

Just an fyi...
On Spring Mountain's web site:
ZR1 Owners School Officially Ends Aug. 31st, 2020.

Maybe they're going to get the C8-ZR1's when they are available.

I remember when I was picking which block of two days in August, there weren't a helluva lot of them. So there’s maybe two classes left and that’s the end of it, then all those cars go back to GM and more than likely get crushed. The other C7 programs I think go to the end of the year, and then they will fully transition to the C8 platform.

OK, edited one of the PDR recordings and found one of my cleaner laps.

[youtube]xKQ3eOeYe6Y[/youtube]

Looks like a frustrating track to be on in a car like that.

A lot of different layouts they can have at that track. I bet this one is the way it is to keep speeds in check. Stability control is kept on, and there’s generous runoff, so little chance of damaging these cars. That said, two guys did come off, and we all had to pit in while they made sure the track was clean and the car was ok. Gotta realize that somemost of these new Corvette buyers have little real track experience or none at all (myself included). There was a dude in my class of seven who claimed he hadn’t driven his own car over 70 yet. If you come in for the level 2 class, the back straight extends a bit into a chicane. What’s currently laid down though...they can make the thing like 6 miles long if they really want to. And what’s being proposed? It’ll be the Nurburgring of the Western Hemisphere if they get around to laying it down.

11767854_web1_Spring-Mountain.jpg

Not my car, but I saw this over on corvetteforum and pretty much declared that this guy won the Internet. Bone stock at COTA

Attachments

• 9865977E-0F3D-4E51-8BB5-0496A88E9A75.jpg
    9865977E-0F3D-4E51-8BB5-0496A88E9A75.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 3B145C92-001E-4DEE-B679-9DD412251539.jpg
    3B145C92-001E-4DEE-B679-9DD412251539.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 55831D74-80E5-4370-B421-8877397C5E20.jpg
    55831D74-80E5-4370-B421-8877397C5E20.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 9C28AD88-8283-4023-8703-EB92279BB22A.jpg
    9C28AD88-8283-4023-8703-EB92279BB22A.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 48
I know there's a lot of love for wagons here, so I thought this would be a good place to drop this...

https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/magazine-article-pool/the-first-bmw-m3-touring.html

M3 Touring confirmed to be coming.

Won't come to US though. They've already discontinued the wagon versions of 3/5 series for US. I highly doubt they would just bring the M wagon here. Merc doesn't bring their C63 wagon here either. Too bad, as that is my dream daily (even though I rarely drive a car).

Back