• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Too big/heavy. Also don't like AWD. But still a cool ride. In that segment, I'd take the E63 estate though.

Won't come to US though.

Like this bad boy. :cry

2021-Volkswagen-Arteon-R-004-1080.jpg

That looks sharp. Except the wheels (I'm not a fan of any recent VW/Audi wheels though).

I know there's a lot of love for wagons here, so I thought this would be a good place to drop this...

https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/magazine-article-pool/the-first-bmw-m3-touring.html

M3 Touring confirmed to be coming.

Cool, but I really wish the Euro guys would just bring a "normal" wagon (estate car) to the U.S. without making it all optioned up or some sort of special package version. That's all we ever get anymore and they're far too expensive.

Won't come to US though. They've already discontinued the wagon versions of 3/5 series for US. I highly doubt they would just bring the M wagon here. Merc doesn't bring their C63 wagon here either. Too bad, as that is my dream daily (even though I rarely drive a car).

Sure they would, but it would absolutely be an "M" variant or some other overpriced version instead of giving the "rest of us" a realistically affordable and somewhat practical version.

Case in point...

Ugh...beautiful but stupidly expensive.

I like big wagons too, but did not want the high cost of routine maintenance on the Merc or the Audi's. Plus I'm a Ford guy.
2017 Ford Taurus SHO Ecoboost 3.5 Twin Turbo All wheel drive with Performance Pack.
12.5 @ 109 in the quarter mile. (4400 lb car)

Attachments

• SHO detail11.jpg
    SHO detail11.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 37
  • SHOdrag1.jpg
    SHOdrag1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Those newer SHOs were pretty nice. Shame that Ford put an end to production.

I like big wagons too, but did not want the high cost of routine maintenance on the Merc or the Audi's. Plus I'm a Ford guy.
2017 Ford Taurus SHO Ecoboost 3.5 Twin Turbo All wheel drive with Performance Pack.
12.5 @ 109 in the quarter mile. (4400 lb car)

Those newer SHOs were pretty nice. Shame that Ford put an end to production.

I too love the SHO. Wonderful sleeper and if I could own two vehicles, it'd be a truck and one of those late-model SHOs.

Likely though, Ford stopped production because sales numbers were probably in the toilet. Americans don't like full-size cars anymore. This is the land of SUVs.

Srsly though why get a SHO when there's the Chevy SS?

Because it's a Chevy... :laughing And the interior on the SS is garbage IMO...just like all other GM products outside of some Cadillacs. I'm also not obsessed with V8s either. I'd rather have an easily electronically tuneable engine that gets decent mileage even when you romp on it.

Except the SHO doesn't get good MpG. :laughing
But it does beat the SS in the 1/4 mile and is lots cheaper to tune/upgrade. :thumbup

I drove one once (got it as a service loaner!) and averaged around 20 MPG and that was with me caning the thing. Once you laid off the throttle, the MPGs went through the rough...especially for a 400 HP car. Caning it from a stop over and over still didn't drop my average below 20 MPG overall. That's really damn good for a car like that...especially as heavy as it is.

Srsly though why get a SHO when there's the Chevy SS?

This.

Because it's a Chevy... :laughing And the interior on the SS is garbage IMO...just like all other GM products outside of some Cadillacs. I'm also not obsessed with V8s either. I'd rather have an easily electronically tuneable engine that gets decent mileage even when you romp on it.

After years of being a multi-Ford household, we're down to one ('17 F-150 RCSB 5.0). One of the replacements is a '15 Chevy SS. There is no comparison with an SHO, though the latter can be made quicker with a tune, as indicated by Lonster. In every other respect, the SS is superior. I love the interior, and mechanically, I have zero complaints. With the mag ride on Perf (or Track), the handling is WAY better than you would expect. I average 20+ mpg, and it doesn't sound like a UPS truck :laughing It's also not FWD-biased, like the SHO. Lastly, and maybe most importantly, 6-speed stick FTW!

Last edited:
While I love to row my own boat as well, there's no denying that the average driver stands a far better chance of getting peak performance out of their performance vehicle with the use of the modern slushbox or, even better, any of the DSG variants. The latter far exceeds human reaction and movement times anyway.

Besides, I drive in traffic everyday. Fuck a manual transmission in that shit. I'm not 17 anymore. :laughing

Oh and BTW, GM makes the best plastic interiors. Enjoy! :cool

Except the SHO doesn't get good MpG. :laughing
But it does beat the SS in the 1/4 mile and is lots cheaper to tune/upgrade. :thumbup

The SS is also a lot more expensive to buy right now. Both are only available used now, SHO's look like they are going from 15000 to 25000 depending on miles and condition. SS's look like they are at minimum 30000 though most are over 40000

The SS didn't sell well, thus it's rare, thus it's expensive.

Honestly I think I would look for a lightly used Kia Stinger GT over either of them.

The SS is also a lot more expensive to buy right now. Both are only available used now, SHO's look like they are going from 15000 to 25000 depending on miles and condition. SS's look like they are at minimum 30000 though most are over 40000

The SS didn't sell well, thus it's rare, thus it's expensive.

Honestly I think I would look for a lightly used Kia Stinger GT over either of them.

Way more demand for the SS. I had a pretty rough one on my lot several months ago. Still had tons of interest. Dudes driving in from hundreds of miles away to look at it. This an an auto too. If it was a manual? Shieeet even if it was all but a salvage title, it would’ve sold within a week. Maybe the only thing like that which is hotter would be a 2nd gen CTS-V manual.

Last edited:
SS will remain a cult classic for years methinks. Looks ugly/lame, the ultimate sleeper. The last gen SHO will be forgotten to history.

I considered the SHO, it’s an interesting body style that I’ve liked. I went with the Fusion Sport for slightly better looks, especially in the blue. I’m pleased with the performance as I’ve got a cbr if I want that rush. It’s only a couple hundred pounds lighter than the SHO with the 325 hp & 380 lb⋅ft 2.7. Every once in awhile I’ll take 49 highway to Reno. I’ve seen 2 Stingers and the dark grey looked really nice, I noticed the body and exhaust so had to drive closer to see what it was. Kinda funny that many years ago I started noticing nice looking 4 door automobiles. I should admit to getting a Peugeot about that time but I won’t.

Back