• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Yeah but the thread is "CARS that make you jaw drop", not "DRIVERS that make your jaw drop." :laughing

You'd think someone who can afford the car could afford a few driving lessons...

Oh I enjoyed the hell out of the cars. Right up until their owners drove them. Poorly. :laughing

You'd think someone who can afford the car could afford a few driving lessons...

As an instructor, I find these folks believe ownership of the car imbues them with the skill of Lewis Hamilton in the twisties, and the skill of John Force when drag racing. These skills came standard in the price of the car. : |

Hmmmm, a mere $19M for the Bagatti La Voiture Noire.
Well, the practical side of me says: "Naw, I'll just buy four new houses for me and the kids and new Cadillac Premium Luxury Platinum editions for them and still have some change left over". :thumbup
Aren't I a good Dad!

Attachments

• Bugatti La Voiture Noire .jpg
    Bugatti La Voiture Noire .jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Bagatti Ass.jpg
    Bagatti Ass.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 57
Well, the practical side of me says: "Naw, I'll just buy four new houses for me and the kids and new Cadillac Premium Luxury Platinum editions for them and still have some change left over". :thumbup
Aren't I a good Dad!

I wonder who paints the tires silver.

As an instructor, I find these folks believe ownership of the car imbues them with the skill of Lewis Hamilton in the twisties, and the skill of John Force when drag racing. These skills came standard in the price of the car. : |

Wait, you teach rich mofos like this how to drive their uber-expensive cars? That sounds like a pretty sweet gig actually.

I think it is awesome that these guys take these million dollar cars out and beat on them. I would like to see a $60,000 LS powered Nova with some boost and a big shot smoke them....

Long story short...

A race driver I've worked with for many years also instructed At track day Events. Back in the day, he drove a lightly modified Volkswagen scirocco. (Improved Touring class)

So he goes into a classroom with a bunch of Porsche owners, and bluntly tells them, "I'm going to pass every one of you guys". And then teaches them why of course.

Years later my team owners best friend it turns out, was in that class at the time. At dinner he's telling us about how he, and the rest of the class thought my driver was full of BS in his little 90hp VW...

And then of course, he got passed... twice. In that next session.

For myself... the very first pass I ever made, with my daily driver 1974 Honda Civic, was to a Porsche 911 (996) in Turn 2 at Thunderhill.

Wait, you teach rich mofos like this how to drive their uber-expensive cars? That sounds like a pretty sweet gig actually.

Not the million dollar cars, although there was a McLaren one day a few years ago... mostly BMWs, with the odd smattering of Porsches, Miatas, Toyobarus and full-blooded Subies, and the ever present, always popular Mustangs. :teeth

Aren't I a good Dad!

You are...!

No back window.. or is that a see through or ???

I have decided with the RONA that I am saving every nickle in the hopes of buying a 2022 vet. Heard it is supposed be a nice upgrade over the current new one.

Heck I am saving so much money with the bars closed it should be a piece of cake....:laughing

Not even close to a Bugatti :laughing
Holy shit...19M??

You are...!

No back window.. or is that a see through or ???

I have decided with the RONA that I am saving every nickle in the hopes of buying a 2022 vet. Heard it is supposed be a nice upgrade over the current new one.

Heck I am saving so much money with the bars closed it should be a piece of cake....:laughing

Holy shit...19M??

ZR1 C8 is rumored to be AWD with a 700 hp twin turbo V8 + hybrid electric.

The Z06 will just have the twin turbo V8.

Not sure which one we'll see by 2022, probably just the Z06.

Last edited:

Holy shit...19M??

Hey Budman...
Maybe by 2022 they will make it easier to do an oil filter change on the transaxle and add new oil. Car has to go on a lift to remove the flat access panel that covers the t/a. Thirty plus bolts to do that and then there's four bolts on the filter cover. No power tools are to be used to remove / install filter cover. Once you pop the cover off it loses about a 1/2pt or so of fluid. Remove old filter, install new one and reassemble everything.

Now, if you want to "track" that new C8? You have to add 2 additional quarts of fluid to the t/a at ~$40-$50/qt. But to get to the fill plug that's another story!
All kinds of stuff has to come off the back of the engine compartment to get to the big engine air intake box which has to come off so the top of the t/a is exposed so you can add those extra 2 quarts. Total fill change is 11.6 qts, not sure if that includes the extra 2 qts if your tracking the car.

Makes working on you CTS-V a piece 'o cake!

Last edited:
Presumably along with budgeting for the car comes budgeting for paying someone else to do that crap :laughing

And people wonder why mechanics don’t work on their own cars half the time anymore...

You know....I wonder. With modern HUDs becoming more common in cars, plus larger screen nav displays, I wonder if anyone has yet hacked together a map overlay (videogame style) for either a HUD or Nav screen for people doing trackdays.

You could do a rotating map view to anticipate turns, maybe even augmented reality for your racing lines, and have the HUD tint itself between green-yellow-red depending on speed going into a corner and whatnot.

Forgot to respond to this one. But yes the augmented reality thing is already in play.

[youtube]8oZk0_ykHoY[/youtube]

I've driven a few cars that have the Heads Up Display (Cadillac and Corvette)
and what I've found is that in day light / bright light the display becomes very faint to nonexistent even with the intensity turned up. If it's cloudy, shady, or a gray overcast or at night the display is good.

I have also noticed that if wearing polarized sunglasses during the day that the HUD display is very faint / washed out. Take the glasses off and the display is a lot clearer, but again if in direct / bright light the display is almost gone.

In the Benz video Rob posted notice that it is in gray overcast conditions or at night.

Now the problem I have with the "Augmented Reality - HUD" stuff is that drivers will be watching the "Display" versus watching where they're F-ing supposed to be going! Oh wait... the cars will have autonomous driving / safety features and nothing bad will happen. BS!!!! :afm199

My past Corvettes have had that issue when the sun is right in front of you. My new one seems a lot better. Maybe because they moved from segmented LED displays (like an alarm clock to LCD. My new Acura has a frigging gigantic 12” heads up display. Works really well.

Back