• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

<Johnny Bravo> Whoooaaaaaa momma! </Johnny Bravo>

:drool:drool:drool

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/wow-singer-has-reimagined-safari-911

dsc09269.jpg

dsc09227.jpg

dsc09310.jpg

dsc09301.jpg

dsc09356.jpg

Last edited:
That Singer probably costs more than a house. Maybe even a house around here.

<Johnny Bravo> Whoooaaaaaa momma! </Johnny Bravo>

dsc09269.jpg

dsc09356.jpg

Yeah, man! I'd drive that to work everyday, but, I am in hate with the interior "accent" color - makes my eyes water. :laughing

rad.
rad-er are all the cars in the background

That Singer probably costs more than a house. Maybe even a house around here.

yep

Price? Let’s just say if you’re interested in commissioning one, you better be bringing seven-figures… and a willingness to take your car to the corners of the Earth for which it was conceived. Speculators need not apply.

a starter house

kinda mindboggling

Last edited:
Either way, it's not worth that. At least, to me, that's an insane amount no matter how old, original or one-of-a-kind it may be. It's a thin metal bus with an extremely underwhelming air-cooled engine. Utilitarian to a degree? Sure. But that's about the extent of it.

Shit, people are paying $60-80K for fucking Vanagon Syncros and $20K+ for Vanagon Westfalias. That's just goddamn dumb.

It's a combination of nostalgia and rarity. Ain't nobody making MORE of these damn things that make you remember a childhood that never was.

It's a combination of nostalgia and rarity. Ain't nobody making MORE of these damn things that make you remember a childhood that never was.

Not making any more. Making better ones...

volkswagen-id-buzz-electric-bus-concept-with-1964-vw-microbus_100618510.jpg

I’m reasonably sure my next vehicle purchase is the Bronco, but this new VW microbus is intriguing to say the least. I love those old twentysomething window buses, but the thought of how much they cost now and they’re all of like what, 70 horsepower with drum brakes? Nah. So the neo-retro version of a microbus is very much on my radar.

they’re all of like what, 70 horsepower with drum brakes? Nah. So the neo-retro version of a microbus is very much on my radar.

70?!?!?! Highest I've read is 54bhp. where'd you find them 16 extra ponies, pard? Probably hopped the thing up on the devil's lettuce, damn hippies.

70?!?!?! Highest I've read is 54bhp. where'd you find them 16 extra ponies, pard? Probably hopped the thing up on the devil's lettuce, damn hippies.

Hell if I know. It was a guess. When your fun car makes 800, and your daily driver appliance makes 270? The output of a 60+ year old air cooled lump really don’t matter. Whatever the number is, engines that weak where turning off the A/C (which I doubt that even has) feels like you just hit the button for a 50 shot...meh. LS swap it.

Not making any more. Making better ones...

volkswagen-id-buzz-electric-bus-concept-with-1964-vw-microbus_100618510.jpg

I’m reasonably sure my next vehicle purchase is the Bronco, but this new VW microbus is intriguing to say the least. I love those old twentysomething window buses, but the thought of how much they cost now and they’re all of like what, 70 horsepower with drum brakes? Nah. So the neo-retro version of a microbus is very much on my radar.

I dig those, saw it driving around Pebble Beach (concours week), probably when that pic was taken judging by the trees in the background, they're near the entrance to the Club at Cypress Point....

Either way, it's not worth that. At least, to me, that's an insane amount no matter how old, original or one-of-a-kind it may be. It's a thin metal bus with an extremely underwhelming air-cooled engine. Utilitarian to a degree? Sure. But that's about the extent of it.

Shit, people are paying $60-80K for fucking Vanagon Syncros and $20K+ for Vanagon Westfalias. That's just goddamn dumb.

You're evaluating it as a car. The buyer likely sees it as a fashion accessory. May still be dumb, but it shapes the market differently.

Back