• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

For all the "Shooting Brake" fans in the house... :laughing

ertwerewrew.webp

Chevrolet-C5-Corvette-1a.jpg

I'm going to go through my Car Week photo files, I think I have seen this in person....

I've seen several pictures of that TA and still can't believe it's real.

Those supertruck dudes are certifiable man, that is some crazy shit.

Sorry if I missed it earlier, what do you porsche guys think about the Taycan?

2020-porsche-taycan.jpg

Looks kind of cool in a different way, but I used to work for a GM dealership back in the day and that thing would be a rattletrap. Not specific to that model, the whole GM line back in the 70s-80s just rattled and creaked to death.

I used to hate getting an RO from the service guy that started out with "Check the noise". :laughing

Sorry if I missed it earlier, what do you porsche guys think about the Taycan?

2020-porsche-taycan.jpg

Not quite as quick as the best Model S. But the Tesla is a one trick pony on that front. The Taycan stops and turns very well (for its weight) also. Build quality is of course a billion times better too.

And it’s an even better car as a wagon. The Taycan Cross Turismo just got officially launched this week...

Porsche-Taycan-Cross-Turismo-1024x555.jpg

I used to hate getting an RO from the service guy that started out with "Check the noise". :laughing

Doesn’t just apply to GM or from any particular era either. Every tech at every dealer ever throughout history hates getting those ROs.

Ugh why does every wagon in the US need to get the Allroad treatment (ie lifted, fender flares, body cladding). American buyers are so insecure about driving a wagon they need to make the wagons look slightly SUV like. SMH.

Definitely - the C63 estate is my dream daily (if I actually had a daily). They don't sell that here of course...

I have a TSX wagon, people ask about it quite often. Usually they follow up with "I didn't know they made a wagon..."

I'd say that's largely Acura's fault.

They tried. I saw this commercial in prime time tv many times...

[youtube]kp6Myya4HM4[/youtube]

When they were current, we couldn’t give them away. SUV culture refused to pay $30k for a TSX wagon when for only a few grand more you could’ve bought a RDX.

And then of course once the wagon was discontinued, clean used ones sold before they got through smog and safety. I ended the lease early on my wagon because the store had a customer hot for one and I had exactly the spec they wanted. So the store bought out my lease, the customer got it as an extremely clean CPO, and I got the brand new (at the time) TLX. There’s still strong demand for clean TSX wagons even now.

Kinda regret not trying to find a way to keep that wagon. Despite being front drive, it was still decently fun to shuffle around. The TLX was fun too, but the garbage ZF 9HP transmission sucked a lot of the fun out of that car.

Last edited:
Couple of months ago the dealer gave me a new TLX for a day while my RDX was in for service. I was expecting to like it but didn’t. Didn’t seem as quick as I expected. Maybe just my imagination but seemed more of a throttle delay than my RDX

Back