• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Couple of months ago the dealer gave me a new TLX for a day while my RDX was in for service. I was expecting to like it but didn’t. Didn’t seem as quick as I expected. Maybe just my imagination but seemed more of a throttle delay than my RDX

If it was a V6, that’s why. It was a good full two Mississippi count after you floored it before it kicked down to a passing gear. The I4 got the 8 speed DCT which is actually a decent transmission...just the engine was a bit underpowered for the size of the car.

They tried. I saw this commercial in prime time tv many times...

[youtube]kp6Myya4HM4[/youtube]

I remember that commercial, too. However, it takes more than advertising to sell a car. Especially one that may not necessarily fall into most American's automotive tastes.

When they were current, we couldn’t give them away. SUV culture refused to pay $30k for a TSX wagon when for only a few grand more you could’ve bought a RDX.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Apparently, it's either cheaper for Honda to build the RDX (doubtful) or they know more Americans will buy them over the TSX so the pricing reflects that. Thus there's really no incentive for buyers to even consider the RDX unless they REALLY just want a car over an SUV.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Apparently, it's either cheaper for Honda to build the RDX (doubtful) or they know more Americans will buy them over the TSX so the pricing reflects that. Thus there's really no incentive for buyers to even consider the RDX unless they REALLY just want a car over an SUV.

At the time, it actually was cheaper to build the RDX. Yes the TSX and wagon variant were based on the Accord (not the US Accord). But at the time the RDX was based on the CR-V and was made here. That TSX and wagon were completely made in Japan...and that’s what made it cost Honda more to bring it here.

And I’m in a RDX now. I didn’t want it. I could have gotten the last of the RLX hybrids (for $20k off too) which other than lacking CarPlay is a fantastic but underrated car. But I share the vehicle with my wife and she may just take it over if she ever has to go back into an office. She absolutely did not want a sedan. Like many Americans, she wanted a SUV because she wanted to be up higher and “have a commanding view of the road” which of course is absurd, since it’s all of maybe half a foot higher driving position over the RLX. I said, OK I’ll go get a truck then. But no, that would’ve been too big and she can’t handle that.

I’m just glad she actually thinks the Bronco is cool. Because if she hasn’t taken this RDX off my hands in a couple years I’m absolutely trading it in for one.

I don't know that I'd buy a Japanese wagon anyway. Japanese cars just don't really do anything for me in the first place. I just wish the Europeans made a practical but fun wagon that didn't cost a fortune...or even Ford, who I'm sure could pull it off if they'd put their mind to that instead of SUVs, trucks and EVs.

<Johnny Bravo> Whoooaaaaaa momma! </Johnny Bravo>

:drool:drool:drool

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/wow-singer-has-reimagined-safari-911

dsc09269.jpg

dsc09227.jpg

dsc09310.jpg

dsc09301.jpg

dsc09356.jpg

Porsche no like...

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/03/e...th-singer-designs-acs-car-pulled-off-website/

Porsche’s legal department was less than excited about its name appearing on the jacked-up 911 and asked Singer to pull all media of the car until the situation was rectified.

That is horrible. Major visibility issues looking across the engine to the right.

That's if you could see through the faded plexiglass window..
And you cant make a Uturn.
Look where the tire rubs the front end.

Last edited:
Looks like they solved the trailing throttle oversteer issue by making this car not turn at all.

Back