• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Think that’s pricey, you should see what a Buick Grand National fetches these days.

Think that’s pricey, you should see what a Buick Grand National fetches these days.

Or a W211 Wagon. Seems unreal what people are paying. I've got fingers crossed on what a 2003 44K mile Mint Yukon Denali will bring...and I think I'm delusional on it.

Rusted out, basket case Mopars are going for over $20k. I sold my 68 for $2800 back in '05 :facepalm

Cars that make you grin. New Toyota GR86.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36587821/2022-toyota-gr-86-us-specs/

The GR 86's 2.4-liter flat-four officially makes 228 horsepower and 184 pound-feet. That's a useful improvement over the old car's 205 hp and 156 pound-feet. A six-speed manual transmission is standard, with a six-speed automatic optional. Toyota claims it will get to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds; for reference, our test of a 2020 model recorded a result of 6.2 seconds, so we think the new car might be even quicker than Toyota's claim.

2022-toyota-gr-86-107-1622508607.jpg

2022-toyota-gr-86-105-1622508608.jpg

2022-toyota-gr-86-103-1622508612.jpg

2022-toyota-gr-86-104-1622508611.jpg

Last edited:
Looks way better than the previous generation. I wonder if the new engine bay will support the cooling required for 300hp+ when tuned. The inability to shed heat was a big limitation with the previous gen.

I understand the BRZ/GR86 is specifically targeted to be low power tuner car with a good chassis but I don't see why they didn't consider the 3.0 six Subaru used in the Outbacks (later 3.6 liter in Outbacks and Tribecas).

I have an old outback with the 3.0 six. It's a very compact engine which sounds great and delivers 250hp and 220 ft/lbs of torque in granola-crunching Outback tune and is known for its reliability. Fuel mileage isn't great for my car but would probably be better in the much lighter BRZ chassis. Seems like a cheap, easy power gain that would make the car more appealing to the it-just-needs-a-bit-more-power crowd. The dedicated tuners could still build 400+hp turbo or supercharged grenades for SEMA and YouTube.

Looks way better than the previous generation. I wonder if the new engine bay will support the cooling required for 300hp+ when tuned. The inability to shed heat was a big limitation with the previous gen.

A start point of $31K is almost a non-starter though. You have to really want the thing. For about $2K more, a 2021 Mustang Ecoboost Premium has 310HP and is well outfitted. Seems a better deal, IMO...

The Eco Boost Mustang is a much larger car and weighs about 700 lbs more than the GR86/BRZ (2800 lbs vs. 3,500 lbs). I can see where the turbo Mustang would be considered a good deal but its not really apples to apples.

A start point of $31K is almost a non-starter though. You have to really want the thing. For about $2K more, a 2021 Mustang Ecoboost Premium has 310HP and is well outfitted. Seems a better deal, IMO...
And the new 400Z is going to start in the mid 30s. That would absolutely be worth the stretch from a $31k GR86, which has a front end that sorta looks like the 400Z.

The Eco Boost Mustang is a much larger car and weighs about 700 lbs more than the GR86/BRZ (2800 lbs vs. 3,500 lbs). I can see where the turbo Mustang would be considered a good deal but its not really apples to apples.

Yeah, I don’t think that many will be cross-shopping the Toyo-baru with the Mustang. Also, that 700lbs is hard to hide.

And the new 400Z is going to start in the mid 30s. That would absolutely be worth the stretch from a $31k GR86, which has a front end that sorta looks like the 400Z.

I’m going to have to see the Z in person. Right now it looks like poo from every angle. I don’t like a single feature.

Saw a new or newer mustang yesterday, driver was getting on it hard after pulling out from a side street. Don’t know what engine it had but it sounded like pure shite.

New Ford Maverick compact truck.

Starts at under $20K, tows 12,000 lbs., 7,000 lb. payload, 0-60 in 5 seconds, 150 mph top speed, 11" ground clearance and will go anywhere in Moab or on the Rubicon Trail in stock form. BTW, Only one of one of the previous statements is true.

[YOUTUBE]DW9n234a1M8[/YOUTUBE]

Back