• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I don't hate it...it has a market for sure...but it's not for me.

I agree. I liked that Ranger and S-10Colorado went bigger and became mid sizers like the Dakota was. But that did leave a bit of a void in the market that really nobody else wanted to take a chance on. And it just pushed people looking for a small “casual” truck to something like the Ridgeline, which really ain’t that small.

I had a S-10 like 25 years ago and it was perfectly adequate. But I’m a tall guy. Once I got a Silverado I knew I’d never go back to a truck as small as the S-10 or Ranger (of that time). But, I know plenty of people were just fine with those smaller trucks. GM and Ford were just kind of phoning it in for years and not putting any effort in improving those trucks back then. So of course they eventually faded out. But like I said, there’s been a void in the market since those trucks went away. So I’m glad at least one of them has returned, albeit with a different name and frame architecture.

Yes!!! That thing was legendary. I believe back then there was only a handful of things that could do 0-60 in the 4s. Ferrari F40 was one for sure. And the Syclone of all things.

There was also the Chevy 454SS back then which was pretty cool but still would get smoked by the Syclone. Then when the Lightning came around, we all kinda forgot about the original fast truck. And today we have the TRX, but I don’t think it would exist if the Syclone didn’t pave the way for it back in the day.

I had a S-10 like 25 years ago and it was perfectly adequate. But I’m a tall guy. Once I got a Silverado I knew I’d never go back to a truck as small as the S-10 or Ranger (of that time).

I am sure you know, but the new Colorado and Ranger are about the same size as the F-150 was in 2002. I had a 2002 Lightning and now have the Colorado and the Colorado is actually a little bit bigger foot print then the Lightning.
The full size trucks have been getting bigger and bigger over the years and from what I understand, this is why Ford stopped producing the Lightning as they could not get these big behemoths to handle properly. This increase in size has recreated the "small truck" market.

And today we have the TRX, but I don’t think it would exist if the Syclone didn’t pave the way for it back in the day.

Yup. Saw Racinfrk is lightning owner too. I wanted a Syclone so bad in HS...I ended up with my 94' Lighting at the end of college and then on to the 99's -2003 lightings that I traded several around. Many didn't understand the idea of a fast truck, but I loved those things...and made good money on them!

i'm surprised that only went for $23k.

They have a weird market, but then again most collectible trucks do.

I'm snobby enough that I wouldn't drive a GM product no matter how cool it was/is. :x

Oh come on J...I'm sure we could find something. Something like a 2001 Redw/ gold wheels bird? A SZLEBRD...

Oh come on. If I dangled the key fob to my ZR1 at you, are you seriously gonna tell me you’d turn that down?

Yep. Make it a Roush Stage III and then I'd bite... :drool :love

https://www.roushperformance.com/vehicles/mustang-2021-stage3.html

2021-Roush-Stage-3-Ford-Mustang-Exterior-001-Front-Three-Quarters.jpg

Yeah, but guys want what we want Rob!

And a ZR1 isn’t just another Corvette either. I’d rather go get my pair of New Balances and Jorts and embrace the mid life crisis thing than sign up for the stigma of being most likely to biff it on a curb leaving the cars and coffee.

And speaking of hopped up Mustangs. Did some memo get issued to every other chode who buys a Coyote powered Mustang, that they have to put the most obnoxious raspy sounding shit exhaust on?

I’d rather go get my pair of New Balances and Jorts and embrace the mid life crisis thing than sign up for the stigma of being most likely to biff it on a curb leaving the cars and coffee.

And speaking of hopped up Mustangs. Did some memo get issued to every other chode who buys a Coyote powered Mustang, that they have to put the most obnoxious raspy sounding shit exhaust on?

This is so spot on.

Attachments

• ACE96CED-EC35-4308-AA5E-FF22D2DC1CA0.jpg
    ACE96CED-EC35-4308-AA5E-FF22D2DC1CA0.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 30
Back