• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

And a ZR1 isn’t just another Corvette either. I’d rather go get my pair of New Balances and Jorts and embrace the mid life crisis thing than sign up for the stigma of being most likely to biff it on a curb leaving the cars and coffee.

And speaking of hopped up Mustangs. Did some memo get issued to every other chode who buys a Coyote powered Mustang, that they have to put the most obnoxious raspy sounding shit exhaust on?

Mustang has always been the yin to the honda civic with a fart can yang

W5vDM4j.jpg

O65XZuX.jpg

1vwUaJO.jpg

And a ZR1 isn’t just another Corvette either. I’d rather go get my pair of New Balances and Jorts and embrace the mid life crisis thing than sign up for the stigma of being most likely to biff it on a curb leaving the cars and coffee.

And speaking of hopped up Mustangs. Did some memo get issued to every other chode who buys a Coyote powered Mustang, that they have to put the most obnoxious raspy sounding shit exhaust on?

:rofl

Corvette's and Mustang's are similar in that the there are relatively few owners that can and do drive them with skill.

I lost count of the number of passengers I've had (on track) that got out of the car and said to me "I didn't know Corvette's were fast." :wtf

I don't understand brand-loyalty.

I lost count of the number of passengers I've had (on track) that got out of the car and said to me "I didn't know Corvette's were fast." :wtf
Did you ever drive a late 70's early 80's vett?
I co-drove my buddies from Eureka to LV for the Grand Prix race....it was not fast.
I had a 64 two door coupe-de-ville ( now that a was a real piece of American iron)
at the time and told him a would straight line race him for pinks any day.:laughing
That said, I would love to drive a new or late model Corvette.
DT

That car is the most insane thing I've ever seen. It's incredible what you can do with a basically unlimited budget :laughing

Corvette's and Mustang's are similar in that the there are relatively few owners that can and do drive them with skill.

I don't understand brand-loyalty.

It was completely mind boggling to me when I went to Spring Mountain last year for the ZR1 school. There were seven of us. A few of those guys were so good damned slow around the course, I’m certain I could have kept their pace with a Prius. Three of us in a fast group and the other four in the slow group. We would lap them roughly every third lap. And despite their snail pace, one of them did manage to get all four wheels in the dirt. I remember in the classroom I heard one mention he’d never had his ZR1 above 85 yet…too scared.

Muthafucka…you bought the most powerful track focused Corvette ever made. And you ain’t got the sand to even get into triple digits? Day one, I frigging got mine over 150 on the drive home from the dealership.

So yeah. Skill definitely ain’t a requirement to own these things.

That car is the most insane thing I've ever seen. It's incredible what you can do with a basically unlimited budget :laughing

It is a great example of scope creep. It was originally supposed to just be an E36 with a twin turbo 6 cylinder and widebody with some mildly intense aero. Then our engineer wanted to get rid of the front struts for an SLA set-up. It went sideways from there.🤣

What was the thinking for ditching the MacPherson setup in favor of SLA? Was it a "because we can," kinda thing? :laughing

What was the thinking for ditching the MacPherson setup in favor of SLA? Was it a "because we can," kinda thing? :laughing
Better packaging and geometry for the huge front tires. And, because we can.
Wayne is our race engineer for our IMSA team. Rich (not me) is the lead fabricator. They both worked for Jim Downing on the Kudzu IMSA GTP Lights and WSC cars.

Back