• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Fuck. Enchanter just sold me on a Corvette! :teeth

I love it when people try to pretend that Top Gear is a serious program.:rolleyes

Remember this?

ferrari-250-tr-crash_460x0w.jpg

Yeah, I got to see it recently and it's fixed, looks better than ever, and is the featured car at this years Danville Concours d'Elegance which is September 19th. And its not even one of the rarer, more exotic cars we already registered.

I could use some volunteers, day of event setup assistance and all that kind of help - if you're interested, PM me. Thanks to the BARFers who stepped up last year :thumbup

While it isn't confirmed if Ducati is donating another bike for auction this year, I've been commissioned to create an awesome pit bike....

:cry 10 million dollar crash...

Pontoon fendered Ferrari :cry

glad he fixed it up :thumbup

and about volunteering...what do we do? sounds interesting...and if i can see all those Ferraris....wo0t wo0t :banana

I don't see any other car program that is as concise as they are. Do you see another American program that gets access to the vehicles that they do? :twofinger

not American but so isn't top gear:

Fifth Gear

...and about volunteering...what do we do? sounds interesting...and if i can see all those Ferraris....wo0t wo0t :banana

This year we're adding more special and classic motorcycles.

The volunteer t-shirt impresses the car owners, and they all say thanks for the hard work.

I had BARFers direct each and every car that entered (200+ amazing cars) to their specific parking places, had other folks there at the crack ass of dawn blocking off the street, setting up comes and barricades, etc.

Team BARF could be there making sure the knuckle-head cyclists don't ride their bikes in the pedestrian only area - 'you do know that's a ten million dollar car you're screaming past right douchenozzle?' although we can't do the broomstick through the spokes trick.

Wine area enforcers (keep wine in the corrals so the city doesn't poop bricks) "I'm sorry sir, the city won't allow wine out of this area' (repeat 5 million times :laughing), information people, etc., end of day cleanup assist, good jobs and bad. This is a 100% volunteer thing, and 6 months out, I'm already at 3 hours a week.....

EDIT: Wow! 60 minutes after this post BARF is once again amazing me. Thanks for all the PM's about volunteering. Here's how you can really help - follow this link, which describes the opportunities and then if you'd like it will open your email program with the right email address - just add a note in the body if you have a time of day preference. PM's are still welcome, but the email goes to the volunteer coordinator. You could also add BARFer - to confuse them :laughing

Thank you in advance - and as some of you know, Parkinson's has taken some very important people from me.

Last edited:
:teeth i might volunteer....i'll see when it comes by a lil closer....sounds fun :teeth

I think it means it's hill climbing ability is still at 100% even at ip to a 45 degree incline.

Nope, 100% incline = 45 degrees (equal distances vertical to horizontal). It could probably make it on a really clean, rough surface. Not on anything dusty, no way.

Anyway:
picture.php

Is there a video of this crash? That's fucking crazy what happen?

It was a relatively low speed crash at a Laguna Seca classics race, the owner/driver is some millionaire (and I think big-time regional distributor of Ferraris). Speculation is he's kind of a large dude, and weakened the car by having the chassis lengthened to fit. Surprisingly he wasn't hurt.

Edit: there's no video as far as I remember or can find... there's probably some out there on an SD card :).

No way that thing will climb a 100% slope, no way in hell.

Nope, 100% incline = 45 degrees (equal distances vertical to horizontal). It could probably make it on a really clean, rough surface. Not on anything dusty, no way.

I've seen vehicles climb stuff that steep. It's not that hard to get traction on a decent hard-pack surface. If you have a mix of stones and dirt it's actually pretty easy with aired-down tires.

Those offroad trucks are surprisingly capable for their size. The diesel engines have tons of low-end torque which is amplified by the low crawling gear ratio. Many are also equipped with locking diffs.

I've had my old Jeep on stuff so steep that I was able to get out and use the front license plate as a seat and the headlight as a cup-holder (I had to or my coffee would have slid off the grill).

No way that thing will climb a 100% slope, no way in hell.

the chassis can do it easily. stock Cg is below or just at the top of the wheels and a little behind the centerline of the front axle. odds are it can to more that 45 degrees if you've just got a bed on it and as others have mentioned: enough traction

Back