• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Jaguar XJ220 left to die..

500x_jaguarxj220qatar3.jpg

that thing isn't going to die completely. someone will push it into a shed where ti will sleep for 20-30 years and reappear someday.

well, there are no pictures of it moving and a few of it on a tow truck. i assume it's all show

Go to Jay Leno's Garage, I think there's a link on he Car's sit it the builder driving it. Its a driver, built to drive, 500hp and 1,000 ft lbs torque.

Caparo_T1_2.jpg

070228006.jpg

Caparo T1

0-60 in less than 3
0-100 in less than 6

the most dangerous car in Top Gear history. everytime they have had a car, its either broken apart, the engine dies, or its nearly killed the driver.

pass. watch the Top Gear episodes on it, and you won't want it anymore. trust me.

Lingenfelter corvette 0-60 is 1.97...haven't seen any kind of super car or street legal racer that can beat that, other than drag racers.

Lingenfelter corvette 0-60 is 1.97...haven't seen any kind of super car or street legal racer that can beat that, other than drag racers.

I saw the Motor Trend article where they tested it against an F-18. Lets be honest though, that setup for that particular event was barely street legal and even then you wouldn't want to go drive home after the race without changing out the wafer-thin front tires and putting street tires back on the rear. With street tires front and rear I promise you that car would be a second or more slower. Still, most Americans that are into Corvettes seem to forget about the most important thing that, IMO, Corvettes and any other non-seriously modified American car lack in severely and that's cornering ability. Who gives a shit how fast you can get to 60 when you can't even hold the first corner on a track without having to jam into your brakes?

For proof, watch nearly any Top Gear test with any version of Corvette you choose.

Still, most Americans that are into Corvettes seem to forget about the most important thing that, IMO, Corvettes and any other non-seriously modified American car lack in severely and that's cornering ability. Who gives a shit how fast you can get to 60 when you can't even hold the first corner on a track without having to jam into your brakes?

For proof, watch nearly any Top Gear test with any version of Corvette you choose.

Did not do research.

BBC said:
New C6 has re-discovered its poise below 30mph, but it still grips like no other American car. You think all Yank metal is yawn-inducingly roly-poly? Then try a Corvette - it'll make your eyes water. And it goes sideways really, really easily without making you crash. I am the Stig.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/corvette/c6/verdict

Actually I find this one comical. He says it's great, but then calls it rubbish in the end. :rofl

[youtube]VB1vXcHvt8Q[/youtube]

Bullshit. Are you just assuming because it's an ARTICLE on their website that Clarkson himself wrote it? :|

First, you said Top Gear, not Clarkson. Second, I've watched several reviews of the Vette, including the on track test, and the episode where they took a Vette to the Bonneville Salt Flats. Clarkson has always had good things to say about the handling, and bad things to say about the build quality.

(he also likes the powah!)

First, you said Top Gear, not Clarkson. Second, I've watched several reviews of the Vette, including the on track test, and the episode where they took a Vette to the Bonneville Salt Flats. Clarkson has always had good things to say about the handling, and bad things to say about the build quality.

(he also likes the powah!)

Ok I should've been more specific. We already know that Richard Hammond wishes he was American. Seriously, look at what that guy owns! :drool

996.jpg

I love me some Top Gear. But they are biased as hell.

The Corvette C5 and C6 actually handle very well. I'm not sure what problem they are having when it comes to turning. I can sustain over 1g on street tires at Thunderhill and Laguna. For comparison, I have been able to hang with, and frequently pass Porsche GT3's, and I've surprised quite a few Miata's by matching their cornering speed.

In the end, I'm not a Corvette guy, I'm a car guy. The reason I own the Chevy is that it is the performance bargain of the last 40 years. It is quick, fast, stops well, and turns well. It competes with cars costing 3x as much, gets better mpg, and costs less to maintain. All this and it makes for a great daily driver. It is the best transportainment I've ever owned. Another benefit is that most owners rarely take them out of the garage. I bought mine with 6K miles on it, and I'm the third owner!

Jason, if you are interested, I'll let you know when I go to the track again. First hand knowledge will likely change your mind. The only performance modifications I have done to the car is connect the brake cooling ducts directly to the wheel hubs, and replace all 20 brake pads. Pushrods and leaf springs FTW!

Salt flats? Yes please!

Attachments

• salty.jpg
    salty.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 141
I love me some Top Gear. But they are biased as hell.

The Corvette C5 and C6 actually handle very well. I'm not sure what problem they are having when it comes to turning. I can sustain over 1g on street tires at Thunderhill and Laguna. For comparison, I have been able to hang with, and frequently pass Porsche GT3's, and I've surprised quite a few Miata's by matching their cornering speed.

In the end, I'm not a Corvette guy, I'm a car guy. The reason I own the Chevy is that it is the performance bargain of the last 40 years. It is quick, fast, stops well, and turns well. It competes with cars costing 3x as much, gets better mpg, and costs less to maintain. All this and it makes for a great daily driver. It is the best transportainment I've ever owned. Another benefit is that most owners rarely take them out of the garage. I bought mine with 6K miles on it, and I'm the third owner!

Jason, if you are interested, I'll let you know when I go to the track again. First hand knowledge will likely change your mind. The only performance modifications I have done to the car is connect the brake cooling ducts directly to the wheel hubs, and replace all 20 brake pads. Pushrods and leaf springs FTW!

Salt flats? Yes please!

I'd actually love to see the car perform!

Back