• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Go out an find a 100% slope and try walking up it. First of all it will be hard to find. Highway side slopes are generally no steeper than 1.5/1 because that is where gravity overcomes the friction needed to hold dirt on a slope.
You may find a 1:1 if in an area where the road was cut through a hill. It may be found there because the dirt is already compacted or compresses to something such as sandstone.
A 1.5:1 is very steep and a 1:1 has to be seen to be appreciated. Stand at the top of one and look down, then imagine something driving up that slope :wow.

Did I mention that I've spent more than a decade four-wheeling in Moab? You don't have to deal with angle of repose with sandstone.

Trust me, there's stuff down there that is that steep. I've had more than a few ass-puckering moments on trails in that area.

Go out an find a 100% slope and try walking up it. First of all it will be hard to find. Highway side slopes are generally no steeper than 1.5/1 because that is where gravity overcomes the friction needed to hold dirt on a slope.
You may find a 1:1 if in an area where the road was cut through a hill. It may be found there because the dirt is already compacted or compresses to something such as sandstone.
A 1.5:1 is very steep and a 1:1 has to be seen to be appreciated. Stand at the top of one and look down, then imagine something driving up that slope :wow.

angle of repose has nothing to do with the ability of a vehicle to climb an incline. nothing at all. i've climbed 1:1 slopes, yeah they're steep, but not impossible for a properly designed vehicle to get up.

vehicle power, center of gravity, available traction, and driver ability/insanity

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7szF3nn0KWU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7szF3nn0KWU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

sooooooooooo
what percentage is this climb????????????????????
[youtube]I_BGX48Lo8M[/youtube]

[youtube]CXvxIy4YupI[/youtube]

This one actually shows it climbing that 100% grade...

[youtube]CxdX0au-BNA[/youtube]

:thumbup I was impressed but would be more impressed to see it do that on dirt. It won't encounter many stairways in nature. And not just crawl over a small hump the length of the machine but climb an actual hill.
I've seen dozers climb 1.5:1 all day long but never seen them climb an actual 1:1. But there are many thing in this world that I have never seen.

ugh...hot sex right there.....:banana

i :love Ferrari...!

Datsun 280z's. Badass

Attachments

• 432flares-blue1.jpg
    432flares-blue1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Datsun-260z-classic.jpg
    Datsun-260z-classic.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 118
fucking A that car rules.
full story and more photos here
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_0611_72_nova_w2w/index.html

my highschool shop teacher had a beater sleeper nova he would street race back on Long Island in the 80s.
Same idea but his was just a low tech beast of a 502 with one visible and one hidden nitrous system that he told everyone was just a 396.

And of course he would disconnect the nitrous to sweeten the deal in a heads up race.... ;-)

Not so much of a jaw-dropper......but Yana may have some interest in the license plates, someday.

Attachments

• miata1.jpg
    miata1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 136
Back