• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

... and on the more realistic side, Acura is reviving the Intergra.

Acura-Integra-2.webp

Drones not included.

attachment.php

Have you seen the video of that drone show? Pretty damn cool.

And yes, Acura stole its own thunder. Hours after revealing the final edition NSX, they decide to announce the Integra. A far, far more important car for the brand than the new NSX ever could’ve been. Ever since the RSX went away, dealers have been screaming for a replacement. They got the ILX, which is nowhere near the “gateway” car the Integra was.

It's also time to get some of that NSX Hybrid tech to trickle down to a more "affordable" car. :dunno

It did before the NSX was even on sale. Look up the RLX Sport Hybrid. Didn’t sell well since nobody who wasn’t a full blown card carrying AARP member bought the RLX in the first place. The three electric motor system also wound up in the MDX Sport Hybrid. We sold every one of those we got pretty quickly. Was a no brainer choice to get the hybrid unless you needed the MDX to tow a trailer.

New Nissan Z announced this evening. No 400Z or any number designation, just "Z". Available spring 2022. Pricing not announced yet. Standard 6-speed manual with 9-speed auto optional. 400hp and 350 lb.ft of torque from a twin turbo V-6 on a rear wheel drive platform, as it should be.

Looks a lot like Z Proto shown last year which is fine with me. No superfluous plastic scoops and no huge wing. I like it. Boomer confession: I had a 1970 240Z in my late teens that I bought used for $2,200. Loved that car.

2023-nissan-z-203-1629233351.jpg

2023-nissan-z-206-1629233354.jpg

2023-nissan-z-207-1629233355.jpg

Pretty damn good. I was thinking more like $36k base, but I guess they’d rather compete with Supra than with the Mustang.

Here’s a live video of the new Z. There’s a lot of really nice angles. That rear quarter panel is a really nicely designed piece of sheet metal there.

[youtube]wfCt4L_jw4g[/youtube]

Don't think it's gonna sell, unfortunately. Nissan's brand cache's a continued problem and I don't see this car as ground breaking enough. Nostalgic, but nothing earth shattering in a competitive segment.

I have to admit though, I didn't think I liked the Supra in the online materials, but in person, I dig that thing big time.

I was hoping the roof line would be more like the original.
Oh well. :(

Back