• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Nice work by Team Corvette :thumbup

Unfortunately not so nice race results. Despite qualifying on top and leading a lot of laps, one of the C8Rs got wrecked and the other had a suspension problem. So the GTE Pro win went to Porsche.

Last edited:
In other racing news...

Here's Peugeot's 9X8 Hypercar. Drivers for Peugeot are:
Paul di Resta, Kevin Magnussen, Jean-Eric Vergne, Loic Duval, Mikkel Jensen, and Gustavo Menezes.

My youngest Son met Menezes (who's a California native) 3-4 years ago during a work related project with Cuts Clothing. So... hopefully will be able get updates on how he and the Peugeot Total Energies cars are doing.

Attachments

• Peugeot .jpg
    Peugeot .jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Peugeot 9XB.jpg
    Peugeot 9XB.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Do they have like a quick-release line setup and the replacement caliper/hose assembly is pre-charged with fluid?
Yes. The most popular are Staubli. It's about $300 per coupling.
The key is to press the brakes, then pop the disconnect. That clamps the caliper to the rotor, and makes it easier to manage.
When we were running Michelin Pilot Challenge, we'd often share pit stalls with the Corvette team I'm not necessarily a Corvette fan boy, but those guys are all great to work with. It was cool to watch them work. They constantly practice that stuff, as well as other things that they might not always need.

So was Shelby the first one to utilize the replacement of an assembly vs individual part(s) during a race? Pretty slick regardless.

:)Another question: Brake line separation is done at a coupling and that creates an "air gap". What, if anything is done? In other words, is the "air" in the line too insignificant that it doesn't upset the brake balance and/or feel?

So was Shelby the first one to utilize the replacement of an assembly vs individual part(s) during a race? Pretty slick regardless.

:)Another question: Brake line separation is done at a coupling and that creates an "air gap". What, if anything is done? In other words, is the "air" in the line too insignificant that it doesn't upset the brake balance and/or feel?

No air gap, that’s the beauty of the design. I haven’t personally seen it on a racecar or racebike, but I have seen it on some specialty military aircraft.

No air gap, that’s the beauty of the design. I haven’t personally seen it on a racecar or racebike, but I have seen it on some specialty military aircraft.

I've seen that kind of coupler on street cars. Not for brakes. But hydraulic lines for axles lifts and automated clutches.

Yes. The most popular are Staubli. It's about $300 per coupling.
The key is to press the brakes, then pop the disconnect. That clamps the caliper to the rotor, and makes it easier to manage.
When we were running Michelin Pilot Challenge, we'd often share pit stalls with the Corvette team I'm not necessarily a Corvette fan boy, but those guys are all great to work with. It was cool to watch them work. They constantly practice that stuff, as well as other things that they might not always need.

That is very cool! All of it! :)

Yeah, I knew they've used tear-offs in moto racing for a long time, but never realized there were windshield-sizes ones! Makes good sense for endurance racing.

It looked like some of the hypercar and LMDs had a crew member with knee pads hop on the hood with a towel and windex. No denting that carbon fiber! I suck at math but wonder if the total race cost is in fractions of a billion.

Yeesh. I get it that it's livery, and that costs more, but damn they're getting like tippity top dollar (like more than the top of the line Sparco or Alipinestars suit) for a livery that's over 3 years old now.

Maybe I won't be cosplaying Corvette Racing driver after all.

Stand 21 is like the Dainese of car racing. Their shit is expensive no matter what.

Stand 21 is like the Dainese of car racing. Their shit is expensive no matter what.

...and the last thing you wanna be doing is suiting up in something that stands out that no one except paid professionals are going to be wearing (aside from those who buy them), if you're not running eye opening times.

IMO of course...and IME.

...and the last thing you wanna be doing is suiting up in something that stands out that no one except paid professionals are going to be wearing (aside from those who buy them), if you're not running eye opening times.

IMO of course...and IME.

So that 1:47 I turned at Laguna is not quite strong enough to be wearing that kind of stuff then? :laughing

Back