• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Isn’t he still trying to get that flooded P1 back to life? We met Freddy at SEMA a couple years ago with the last McLaren salvage car he did. Cool guy. Hope he hasn’t financially wrecked himself trying to fix that P1.

probably but even so, he'll need a project to fill in the space while he finds parts for that nightmare.

That looks as if it would wipe out crowds of bystanders in a real hurry.

or you could just go to budget rent a car and get basically the same thing without the purchase price problem

Last edited:
QYArK9t.jpg

ZKpbduU.jpg

WOW!! That's a monster turbo!
Is this a Subaru conversion? Or just a monster grenade vdub motor? I see a distributor, so I'm guessing a big dual port.

Saucy Alfa! :leghump

Noticed this:

Buyers were given the opportunity to customize theirs down to the air intakes with Alfa Romeo’s new customer commissions team, “Bottega,” and that means that no two examples will be exactly identical.

If you know Alfa Romeo well, this has always been the case. Parts to make cars one week could vary to the supplier for the next. Looks like now they are giving customers the option. :rofl

Oh and those wheels should be gold like the OG car. Preferably with a different wheel design and a bunch of smaller phone dial holes.

The taillights are an hommage to the Ford Falcon. LOL I like em tho.

Last edited:
Having owned a '64 E type rag top, with twice pipes for the sound & fury from that DOHC 6.
Wanted to hear a 12, Jag's version, never got to follow one.
I have always lusted over the sound of RR Merlins. That smooth sound ripping the sky apart.

I have wondered why hot rodders haven't used this engine, small displacement or unreliable?

Last edited:
hotrodding is all about bang/buck at it's core. way easier and cheaper to get power out of a v8 from the big 3 and when you blow that up there are a dozen more in your closest junkyard.;. same reason those jag v12s got swapped for chebby v8 before the value of the v12 cars took off and all the v12 engines had been recycled. reliability is certainly a factor too because as we all konw, if your british car stops leaking oil it's out of oil

Last edited:
A large number of the Merlins and Allisons got bought up by hydroplane groups in the 50s and 60s.
Those were slowly replaced with Huey turbines after they wore out or broke.

Now a lot of the surviving iron is going for a premium to keep the (ex)confederate airforce operating.

everyone needs a hobby dubbs. whoever built that, evidently, has hobbies that include excessive use of bedliner and choosing upholstery colors with a Geiger counter

i am curious if both rear axles are driven or one is just for show, but not curious enough to go look for more information

Saw these beauties over by the Monterey airport... in the open garage there was a WW2 era ambulance and a smaller truck....

picture.php

Back