• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

ETZeFm.gif

This van made my jaw drop when I saw it this morning:

Attachments

• IMG_9958.jpg
    IMG_9958.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9957.jpg
    IMG_9957.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 23
Saw one like that when I was a kid, only on the one I saw the guy painted "My name is Vincent, please give to help my van go!"

My dad thought it was hilarious, gave him a couple of dollars. (It was Carmel, the early 70s, hippies heading to Big Sur...)

Sunday 9/24 Livermore Car Show

My backyard neighbors resto mod 62 Vette. He did all the work including the stunning red paint. I cursed at him for not painting my motorcycles :laughing

zBansDp.jpg

bqwwd7v.jpg

Down the street dudes Camaro

L4edxiW.jpg

And a sample of lots more

S2baain.jpg

eoRwiBs.jpg

FGZzqwn.jpg

JdGLn4O.jpg

kneJpFN.jpg

Ken's Garage represented at the show

asPMros.jpg

QF2FM48.jpg

V06x614.jpg

yqHfD4o.jpg

3Xfel5z.jpg

7T0vZsq.jpg

AsBpuJr.jpg

3v1bBR3.jpg

LGC6faG.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Lot of excellent cars there.

Love it. Thanks.

I will say that the quantity of clone/tribute muscle cars out there makes me sad and sort of devalues the real deal rare cars in my opinion.

When you walk up to a car that looks like an AAR, yenko, Shelby, etc, you just can't get as excited as if it was really a super rare original unless the owner displays the documentation.

Yes… thanks Ken.

Nothing stirs my soul like a classic Camaro.

Great and plentiful photos Ken. It was like we are there at the show. Thanks for those. Well worth the time to scroll.

i know the owner of this one through mutual friends. it was his grandpa's truck and about the only thing left of that truck is the body. underneath it's all new and it's freaking awesome.

v4qFJsR.jpg

Rennsport this weekend at Laguna, so there's a bunch of old guys, some really old :afm199, ripping around town in Porsches of all flavors, but not quite like this one that was intro'd on the first day....

Porsche had promised a surprise reveal for this weekend’s Rennsport Reunion and this is it, the 911 GT3 R rennsport. The limited-run model is based on the 911 GT3 R race car and will be offered to customers. Just 77 units are bound for the production line with prices starting at $1,046,000.

Porsche-911-GT3-R-Rennsport-4-1024x576.webp

Porsche-911-GT3-R-Rennsport-5-1024x576.webp

Porsche-911-GT3-R-Rennsport-10.jpg

Ahhh, that might explain the custom Porsche I saw in Calistoga two days ago. I was going to take a pick but had left my phone in the truck.:(

Stopped by the local machine shop yesterday...
These two bad boys had just arrived, top one is a Carroll Shelby 427, bottom is CS351. These are bare blocks at about $8K / ea. Heads are around $2K / ea.
Going to have a "chunk-o-change" in 'em when done! Somebody's got some disposable income! :laughing

Attachments

• Shelby 427 and 351 Blocks.jpg
    Shelby 427 and 351 Blocks.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 20
Between Seligman and Peach Springs, Route 66 last week, I counted 9, 911 looking new ones, all blacked out, with a travel coach in two groups parked out in the middle of ????

A tour group? the cars weren't disguised as factory testers.

More magic from Monterey, without full use of Hwy 1

Back