• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Stopped by the local machine shop yesterday...
These two bad boys had just arrived, top one is a Carroll Shelby 427, bottom is CS351. These are bare blocks at about $8K / ea. Heads are around $2K / ea.
Going to have a "chunk-o-change" in 'em when done! Somebody's got some disposable income! :laughing

Stuff you don't see every day...or even decade.

ETZeFm.gif

Ford-Ranger-6x6-by-Ricardo-1s-1024x576.webp

Stopped by the local machine shop yesterday...
These two bad boys had just arrived, top one is a Carroll Shelby 427, bottom is CS351. These are bare blocks at about $8K / ea. Heads are around $2K / ea.
Going to have a "chunk-o-change" in 'em when done! Somebody's got some disposable income! :laughing

Is the 427 a Windsor block? I can't tell from the picture, but it doesn't look like the FE block? Help me understand your unobtanium aluminum go-fast goodies.
:thumbup

Lonster,

I know the CS 351 Windsor blocks can go out to something like 460CI. Maybe the other is a Windsor and going to 427CI ?
Dunno, not a Ford guy. I'll ask when I take my stuff in later this week.

Both are Windsor blocks, the CS351 is going in a Cobra replica and the CS427 in going in a an '80's Rahal ISMA Mustang (I believe he said '80's car and not a later version). Don't know if it's a GTP or GTO class car.

Last edited:
Both are Windsor blocks, the CS351 is going in a Cobra replica and the CS427 in going in a an '80's Rahal ISMA Mustang (I believe he said '80's car and not a later version). Don't know if it's a GTP or GTO class car.

Thanks for the clarification.
I couldn't see the extended 'Y' block that the FE motors have. An all aluminum Shelby 427FE would be AMAZING!
Not that what you got isn't. They are, just different.
Please keep us posted on both the Cobra and the Rahal IMSA mustang.
I'm a fan.

Wish I could say it was my stuff, but sadly no. :(
My stuff, shall we say is early to mid -'50's vintage! Although being "massaged" a bit. :laughing :afm199

As for the CS427W block, did find out that it's probably going to be running a crossram FI system. I guess maybe something like this - see pic below.

Saw a partial list of a few internal things, crank, rods, heads and cost for that stuff was on the fat side of $15K.
Sigh, one can only dream to have that kind of a budget for toys. :(

Attachments

• FORD 351W Crossram FI.jpg
    FORD 351W Crossram FI.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 20
since we're briefly flirting with Weird Ford Car Parts that make your jaw drop this came up on the FE list i follow. i would love to put it on the jalopy f100 i have with a 352 FE (to some extent, all the FE blocks can bolt up just about any part made for an FE including the SOHC 427 setup) but i think i might be a little "over carbed"

Attachments

• innnnnnnnjection.jpg
    innnnnnnnjection.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 19
Cool FE injection auntiebling.

Wish I could say it was my stuff, but sadly no. :(
My stuff, shall we say is early to mid -'50's vintage! Although being "massaged" a bit. :laughing :afm199

As for the CS427W block, did find out that it's probably going to be running a crossram FI system. I guess maybe something like this - see pic below.

Saw a partial list of a few internal things, crank, rods, heads and cost for that stuff was on the fat side of $15K.
Sigh, one can only dream to have that kind of a budget for toys. :(

One of the Body shops that I call on has a very cool Shelby 427FE all aluminum table that I drool over regularly. I didn't actually BUY it, but here it is anyway.

Attachments

• FE1.jpg
    FE1.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 25
  • FE2.jpg
    FE2.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 25
WOW!! That's a monster turbo!
Is this a Subaru conversion? Or just a monster grenade vdub motor? I see a distributor, so I'm guessing a big dual port.

Yup, VeeWee. Must be either big displacement or massive boost to support that 4bbl! :wow

A 7/8's Roma?

Sort of; very nicely styled for a Japanese car.

So much nicer than the RX7s of the past which it is more in line with than the Miata.

Likely compete with the Supra?

So $40-$50k?

Probably too wide for my small garage so I'll just keep the 94 Miata with 200k on the clock instead.

I like this, all curvy body lines, , ,

Been a while, but I saw a red Saturn last week, and yesterday, found this at a Drive in Car show @ Fosters.

It has much of this shaply style, did GM make it a stick, too?

Attachments

• IMG_5540.jpg
    IMG_5540.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5541.jpg
    IMG_5541.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 18
yeah, manual with a turbo 4 that can modded pretty cheaply. One of the best values for a weekend car.

Car related. These dudes built 2 BMW drift cars and tuned the engines to 1,000+ hp with stock parts and the engine took it like a champ. Zero damage / extra wear and tear except for one small part of the head gasket which they say would likely only be a problem after a couple hundred thousand miles.

[YOUTUBE]_D6aywCInfI[/YOUTUBE]

Back