• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Easy player. You work on cars, doesn't make you an expert on peoples opinions about them. Don't be such a hard ass, thread was create to post pictures of cars YOU like so post them up. No reason to get into a middle school tizzy bout liking or not liking a car.

We know nothing about that Ferrari regarding it's function. Personally I think it looks like sex on wheels.

10405480455_b94b029ae5_b.jpg

That's because you've only read about such things in books Dubbs...:twofinger

I have never been a 'camaro guy', but I have always enjoyed the pre 70 versions. But, I find this new 2014 Camaro z/28 really interesting. The tech involved for the creation of a purpose built track car is intriguing and seems to work well... carbon/ceramic brakes, 7L engine, 3,837-pound curb weight, and 7:37.47 lap time at the Nurburgring... Truly more sport than mussel, IMO.

Attachments

• 2014 Z28.jpg
    2014 Z28.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 102
I have never been a 'camaro guy', but I have always enjoyed the pre 70 versions. But, I find this new 2014 Camaro z/28 really interesting. The tech involved for the creation of a purpose built track car is intriguing and seems to work well... carbon/ceramic brakes, 7L engine, 3,837-pound curb weight, and 7:37.47 lap time at the Nurburgring... Truly more sport than mussel, IMO.

It's gonna cost an absurd amount of money for a Camaro. But if you want a purely track based car, you get an awful lot of speed for the money there.

That car is tempting me. I'll wait 2 years and let someone else absorb the initial depreciation.

I'm not convinced that the carbon brakes are going to 'work' with the added weight of that car. Some Vette guys are switching over to 'normal' rotors after finding that the brakes aren't performing as anticipated.

The brain trusts from the TV program ' Fast and Loud' covered the new copo recently.
Fun car but totally non street legal:(
DT

Hey Rob, I heard the Copo's are coming back. Any deets? :dunno

Chevrolet-Camaro_COPO_2014_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Super rare. Think they're only making like 69 a year (as an homage to the 1969 Camaro...not the other thing). Essentially sold as a "part" since it's totally illegal for street use. It was made to go against the Mustang Cobra Jet which is also a drag only car. Several engine options including a piddly little 5.3L V8) depending on what class of NHRA racer the owner wanted.

Ford also had the Boss 302S last year which was also very limited production, not street legal, and way more expensive that the car it was based on. While the new Z/28 is a street legal race car that you could drive home from the track, the 302S will travel way more distance on a trailer than under its own power...

76E868DB-A09A-4DCA-8D3E-BD08521DA247-5878-000004062EAA405C.jpg

That car is tempting me. I'll wait 2 years and let someone else absorb the initial depreciation.

I'm not convinced that the carbon brakes are going to 'work' with the added weight of that car. Some Vette guys are switching over to 'normal' rotors after finding that the brakes aren't performing as anticipated.

Carbon can withstand a helluva lot more punishment. M-B has been using it (as an option) on some of the big heavy ass AMG cars for a few years now without any drama I've heard of.

May not be a car that depreciates much. I imagine they're gonna make even less of those than the ZL1. And the ones that aren't totally beat up from track use will be garage queens with little miles on them. The car's intent is to be a track car, so there's not nearly the creature comfort one would expect. No stereo at all other than one speaker for the door open chime. A/C is an option that I can't imagine many people ordering since it adds weight. Sound insulation removed. Ugh. If you think your Z06 is loud from the tire roar now, just imagine that being twice as bad.

Carbon can withstand a helluva lot more punishment. M-B has been using it (as an option) on some of the big heavy ass AMG cars for a few years now without any drama I've heard of.

A few Z07 guys I've spoken with have gone back to cast iron rotors. They complained of lack of feel, and reduced braking (!) of the GM carbon rotors compared to cast iron. I don't have any personal experience with them.

May not be a car that depreciates much. I imagine they're gonna make even less of those than the ZL1. And the ones that aren't totally beat up from track use will be garage queens with little miles on them. The car's intent is to be a track car, so there's not nearly the creature comfort one would expect. No stereo at all other than one speaker for the door open chime. A/C is an option that I can't imagine many people ordering since it adds weight. Sound insulation removed. Ugh. If you think your Z06 is loud from the tire roar now, just imagine that being twice as bad.

I agree, but a guy can dream. Hell, I'm 3rd owner of my Chevy, and I got it with 6000mi on it and $25K less than what it originally cost. those types of owners are out there, I just need to find one.

I'd be one of those guys that got A/C, installed sound deadening, and a stereo because I fully intend to daily drive it.

Last edited:
A few Z07 guys I've spoken with have gone back to cast iron rotors. They complained of lack of feel, and reduced braking (!) of the GM carbon rotors compared to cast iron. I don't have any personal experience with them.

I agree, but a guy can dream. Hell, I'm 3rd owner of my Chevy, and I got it with 6000mi on it and $25K less than what it originally cost. those types of owners are out there, I just need to find one.

I'd be one of those guys that got A/C, installed sound deadening, and a stereo because I fully intend to daily drive it.

Might as well look for a used ZL1 then. It'll have all that good stuff including the very useful HUD because the Camaro's gauges are garbage, probably even navigation too. Sure it won't have the lighter weight (and maybe more cache because of the 437cid) LS7, but you'll forget about it knowing that the LSA throws out 580hp in the ZL1. Plus it comes with iron rotors instead of the Z/28's carbon setup.

And I am one of those owners too. Mine only has about 8000 miles on it and is over 5 years old now. :(

Might as well look for a used ZL1 then. It'll have all that good stuff including the very useful HUD because the Camaro's gauges are garbage, probably even navigation too. Sure it won't have the lighter weight (and maybe more cache because of the 437cid) LS7, but you'll forget about it knowing that the LSA throws out 580hp in the ZL1. Plus it comes with iron rotors instead of the Z/28's carbon setup.

Ooh, I forgot about the HUD...

And I am one of those owners too. Mine only has about 8000 miles on it and is over 5 years old now. :(

My '07 is @ 78K mi. and just had to have the heads rebuilt due to the LS7 valve guide issue, and the oil pump replaced due to terrible galling.

I thought carbon brakes were essentially useless in the wet?

*this may be a MotoGP thing, I'll go research*

I eyeballed the ZL1 as well, but it really is the Z/28 that has my attention... Dependng on the actual cost, I'll consider it. I heard production number below 2000 units a year, not sure that accurate. Just means higher dealer mark-up... Still it sounds like someting I could happily keep for years - provided it has AC and Sirius/XM - Nav too if its offered :laughing

It will see track duty - but I'll go play in the hills too, at a much more moderate pace, of course.

I thought carbon brakes were essentially useless in the wet?

*this may be a MotoGP thing, I'll go research*

Not really so much wet being a problem any more than is is for iron rotors. But I believe they don't really have a lot of bite until you get them heated up. Which when a car is street driven, they hardly ever get truly heated up. Carbon brakes get glazed, which also reduces the bite in addition to making them squeal. And the glazing is the result of a lot of light braking. Whether the brakes are carbon or conventional, you can deglaze rotors by just going and doing maybe half a dozen panic stops from 60.

Last edited:
I eyeballed the ZL1 as well, but it really is the Z/28 that has my attention... Dependng on the actual cost, I'll consider it. I heard production number below 2000 units a year, not sure that accurate. Just means higher dealer mark-up... Still it sounds like someting I could happily keep for years - provided it has AC and Sirius/XM - Nav too if its offered :laughing

It will see track duty - but I'll go play in the hills too, at a much more moderate pace, of course.

Can't say enough how terrible the Z/28 will be to drive on the street. Also I've heard plenty of times that it's going to slot above the ZL1 in pricing. So figure maybe $65-70k for the Z/28. That knocking on the door of a used ZR1 for that money, and certainly a Z06. Or fuck it, a brand new C7 Stingray. Or if you just want raw power, the Shelby GT500 has a horsepower crown for everything south of $300k.

That truck is so friggin big , I had to buy a new lap top with a bigger screen to fit it all in!:p
DT

That truck is so friggin big , I had to buy a new lap top with a bigger screen to fit it all in!:p
DT

With all those lug nuts, you'd have to set up camp just to change a tire on that thing.

Meh, if you're gonna go that size and expense......

9727881_orig.jpg

Back