• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Meh.

Also interested to see what's in store for the new Mustang in the power department. It's almost a foregone conclusion at this point that Ford held back implementing direct injection on the 5.0 Coyote motor because that's what's being changed on the 2015 model to up the power.

I heard there were plans for a twin turbo 5.0 coyote.

the issue I have with Ford showing these pictures, is the car is clearly lowered. Gives a false impression of what it will look like when it comes out.

Aluminum fenders were used to shave some weight off the Mustang this time around. Unfortunately, they don't offset weight gains elsewhere, as the 2015 Mustang is expected to weigh roughly 100 pounds more than the outgoing model. Official specs haven't been released yet, but that would still leave the Mustang GT about 200 pounds lighter than the Camaro SS.

This car was supposed to weigh less! Grrrrrrr.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/..."44398_1386348066_1664286482","pt":"twitter"}

Aluminum fenders were used to shave some weight off the Mustang this time around. Unfortunately, they don't offset weight gains elsewhere, as the 2015 Mustang is expected to weigh roughly 100 pounds more than the outgoing model. Official specs haven't been released yet, but that would still leave the Mustang GT about 200 pounds lighter than the Camaro SS.

This car was supposed to weigh less! Grrrrrrr.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/..."44398_1386348066_1664286482","pt":"twitter"}

Pretty tough to get cars lighter. Even with lighter materials, they've still gotta add metal to meet stricter crash standards.

Here's what I drove in the late 80's.

id_m925_01_700.jpg

You can pick them up cheap now, w/ low miles. 6wd, deflate/inflate system, Cummins diesel.... (M198 Howitzer is extra)

Back