• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

That particular one shown would be an M939. :thumbup

I retract my :thumbup after reading the wikipedia article about them. Looks like they all have automatic transmissions, which cause problems with engines stalling when brakes are locked up. I think a normal standard transmission would have been a much simpler, safer, and more fun solution to both brake lock-up and engine getting killed. In my fantasies of driving a big truck through zombie-infested wasteland, I think I'll stick with the Russian iron :)

I retract my :thumbup after reading the wikipedia article about them. Looks like they all have automatic transmissions, which cause problems with engines stalling when brakes are locked up. I think a normal standard transmission would have been a much simpler, safer, and more fun solution to both brake lock-up and engine getting killed. In my fantasies of driving a big truck through zombie-infested wasteland, I think I'll stick with the Russian iron :)

Believe me, I preferred the M39 since it had a manual transmission. Yes, the clutch was a bear and we all got seriously muscled out left legs, but it was just more fun to drive! :teeth

I give you the new a style, from somewhere without lawyers, called Swangas and the wheels may be called 'The Giraffe Poke' :nerd

15-4extg.jpg

When you have Swangas:
"When you have these swangas, it's like, 'Yeah, you're that cat.' You know what I mean? You're that guy,"

38830504028_large.jpg

lowrider4.jpg

They're dangerous - but not in the way you may think according to local news:
But police say those rims also could be crime magnets because some are willing to rob and kill for them. 3-year-old Charissa Powell was shot and killed. Right after the shooting, the little girl's father said. "He," the robber, "shot her in the process of trying to shoot me, to rob for some swangas."

slab.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This may be the only redeeming factor: the matching trailer with the stripper pole and three spare swangas....
dsc09463.jpg

[youtube]YwdJaF3eHNc[/youtube]

Maybe the Swanga crowd is helping with the economy turn around - $600/wheel - plus you gotta haz Vogues, which are about $250 each.... George Bush was from Texas - there may be a connection.

While you might think the spinner thing is illegal, because of Isadora Duncan, Ralph Nader, and James Bond using it to get lucky - FVMSS Number 211 was reversed in 1996.

There is no law against stupidity.

Last edited:
I give you the new a style, from somewhere without lawyers, called Swangas and the wheels may be called 'The Giraffe Poke' :nerd

15-4extg.jpg

When you have Swangas:

38830504028_large.jpg

lowridtxTer4.jpg

They're dangerous - but not in the way you may think according to local news:

slab.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This may be the only redeeming factor: the matching trailer with the stripper pole and three spare swangas....
dsc09463.jpg

[youtube]YwdJaF3eHNc[/youtube]

Maybe the Swanga crowd is helping with the economy turn around - $600/wheel - plus you gotta haz Vogues, which are about $250 each.... George Bush was from Texas - there may be a connection.

While you might think the spinner thing is illegal, because of Isadora Duncan, Ralph Nader, and James Bond using it to get lucky - FVMSS Number 211 was reversed in 1996.

There is no law against stupidity.

That's a pittance. When I was working at a place next door to California wheels, I routinely saw people pay over $13,000 for a set of "the New hotness", whatever model/diameter that happened to be at that moment.

While all the military trucks and Oakland limos are fine and dandy, can we get back to cars that are actually awesome? Kthnx.

Joe Rogan's bad ass Cuda

30321d1302566723-there-better-looking-car-than-challenger-sick.jpg

70barracudapu5_zps0505890e.jpg

I have heard him talk about that car on his podcast. Don't think he has it anymore because he was tired of it always having one issue or another. He seems to be happy with a 911 GT3 these days.

Joe Rogan's bad ass Cuda

30321d1302566723-there-better-looking-car-than-challenger-sick.jpg

70barracudapu5_zps0505890e.jpg

That's a sweet ride, but those wheels have to go. how about a little more sidewall and a little less wheel size? I like how the wells are full, but its too Foosy' for me.

Oh hell yes. That noise that thing made in the very first pass was like music!

I had to go back and listen the part from 00:36 to 00:52 a couple of times. :cool

I love old Mopars. Like way more than any other make. But this thing has been desecrated.

Oh poo, it just needs some reasonable wheels. Its not like they put in a Pinto motor and shag carpeting.

Back