• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

^ look at those thick doors. Probably more storage area in there than in the boot.
All that space going to waste. Might be time to adapt a new look.

Apparently this new baby Lambo's design resulted in I think the highest U.S. MPG rating in their model lineup, it's supposed to rated at like 18MPG. I'd quote the stat from the article I read but I'm tired.

lamborghini-huracan-exterior-front-yellow-970x548-c.jpg

lamborghini-huracan-exterior-right-yellow-970x548-c.jpg

lamborghini-huracan-exterior-rear-yellow-970x548-c.jpg

lamborghini-huracan-interior-front-yellow-970x548-c.jpg

Attachments

• JAP1.jpg
    JAP1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 104
  • JAP2.jpg
    JAP2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 104
  • JAP3.jpg
    JAP3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 98
  • JAP4.jpg
    JAP4.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 92
  • JAP5.jpg
    JAP5.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 88
  • JAP6.jpg
    JAP6.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 74
  • JAP7.jpg
    JAP7.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 93
I was pretty impressed with the Bentley Continental V8 GT's fuel economy actually. Saw it on Top Gear when they compared it to the Ferrari FF in snow and it gets upwards of 30 MPG while pushing 500+ hp. (I think they base that on Imperial gallons though and it only gets like 28 mpg US, but still!). Definitely wouldn't mind owning one for the money. I'm not a huge fan of Bentley interiors though. Hell, I like the 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 dashboard and gauges better than the Bentley's. I find this with a lot of luxury super cars actually - I typically like everything EXCEPT the dash. And given that as an owner that's what's going to stare you in the face the most...well designed and crafted controls and gauge cluster and controls would play a pretty big part in deciding what to buy (for me at least).

People that but supercars put zero priority on mileage. But if it just happens to do pretty well anyways...it's a bonus. Kinda like if it comes with a cupholder.

Even though 99% of the time, you'd get much more out of it being able to go more than 200 miles to a tank and somewhere to put the cup from the drive through.

Also it's something to brag about when bench racing. I've lost count of how many times Corvette guys, myself included, brag about 30+ mpg and the massive cargo capacity.

Today's dual clutch systems outperform anything any human could ever do with a fully manual transmission. This means they're faster for racing. That is why they're used. It has little or nothing to do with people not being able to operate a manual transmission.

Today's dual clutch systems outperform anything any human could ever do with a fully manual transmission. This means they're faster for racing. That is why they're used. It has little or nothing to do with people not being able to operate a manual transmission.

Of course they do but, how many ultra high cars are used at the track? Far and few between. Most are just to pose in and sit in a garage. 3 pedals is part of the experiance and soon it will be a lost art. I still feel like I have more control with a proper manual than a DCT car. Matter of fact I hate all the stability control, traction control , yaw sensing, whatever else they cram onto cars for that matter too. I disable everything on my cars or don't have it in the first place. If you can't drive high horsepower cars without the aids, don't buy a high horsepower car.

Last edited:
I'm more of the opinion that, unless you're a pro, you're not going to be able to properly pilot a powerful car without electronic help. The Porsche Carrera GT comes to mind. :|

Also, it doesn't make financial sense to build both a DCT version and a manual version.

I'm more of the opinion that, unless you're a pro, you're not going to be able to properly pilot a powerful car without electronic help. The Porsche Carrera GT comes to mind. :|

Also, it doesn't make financial sense to build both a DCT version and a manual version.

Well, it's just my view on it. I'm used to driving crazy stuff with out any aids but, I have been lucky enough to have that experiance. I think everyone should learn on cars with with manuals. No ABS, no air bags, no traction control, learn the skill set then move on to bigger things, just like the age old starter bike to liter bike debate. Cars nowadays are just so mindless and they get faster and faster without being hard to drive.

Last edited:
Starter bikes versus liter bikes is an apples to oranges debate when compared to automatics/automated-manual transmissions versus straight manual transmissions. You're talking about control and not power output. Since both small and large bikes have manual transmissions, it's a question of power not the way the power gets to the rear wheel.

I wouldn't disagree with you that a manual transmission vehicle has a more "connected" feel for the driver. However, the human body has limits and you're simply never going to be able to control a vehicle as well as a computer can. Science has trumped human reaction times and overall control in that regard. Automatics have become popular because they're easier to operate and frankly the drivers that tend to prefer manual transmissions are dying off. It is what it is. In racing or high performance applications, manual transmissions do not offer the performance that the DCT's do. The old manual transmission is considered a relic by most of the major supercar manufacturers and thus is going (or arguably has gone) the way of the horse.

LOL, my '78 Camaro with the 308 in it got about 9 mpg.

My '77 Z28 with the 350 got about the same.

Uhhh Most OEM offerings of the SUB $75k, don't agree with your statement. The ones issued in the factory VW's for instance, are an utter abomination of god.

Last edited:
Uhhh Most OEM offerings of the SUB $75k, don't agree with your statement. The ones issued in the factory VW's for instance, are an utter abomination of god.

Based on what, exactly? That's the same DCT unit used in multiple brands and they work just fine for what they're intended for...which is not racing.

Back