• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

:drool

2014-Porsche-918-Hybrid-Spyder-2.jpg

That's because it was on Top Gear on Monday night. And yeah, that emissions claim is probably dubious at best. :laughing

However, the car is a hybrid.

Because of the options at that price point. What you're getting is still a 70s GM product, vs Porsche, Ferrari, Aston, Mercedes, BMW, etc

If you're dropping 180 grand on a car, it's most likely not the only one in your stable. If money were no object, I'd probably have a couple AMG cars, Some classic Mopars, maybe some kind of exotic, definitely several bikes. It's all about choices! :thumbup

If you're dropping 180 grand on a car, it's most likely not the only one in your stable. If money were no object, I'd probably have a couple AMG cars, Some classic Mopars, maybe some kind of exotic, definitely several bikes. It's all about choices! :thumbup

You are probably right, but what kind of poser (I guess it should be posuer with that kind of cash) spends 180K on a heavily modified camaro he's never turned a wrench on? I dunno, those dudes were always the worst. Sick car not a fucking clue about how it's put together. Just enough money to try and purchase some street cred. Look, nobody is going to expect the guy driving a 458 around is going to be getting his hands dirty doing the service or even know where the hood latch is. Folks are, quite naturally, going to think a guy rolling around in a sick modified musclecar like that had a hand in building it. I think that's more what someone with that kind of money is buying when they shell out for that camaro...OR, they just have sick amounts of money, can afford it and I'm just jealous. :laughing

^^ Joe Rogen spent like $200k on that '70 Cuda he had built for him. Only thing he turned was the key. Bad ass car. Guess he sold it and now drives Porsches.

^^ Joe Rogen spent like $200k on that '70 Cuda he had built for him. Only thing he turned was the key. Bad ass car. Guess he sold it and now drives Porsches.

He hated it because it always broke down on him. He's mentioned that several times on podcasts. And yes he drives a GT3 now.

Hmmmm. Go figure. A heavily modified and fabricated one off is less reliable than a new mass produced car. Who woulda thunk it?

You are probably right, but what kind of poser (I guess it should be posuer with that kind of cash) spends 180K on a heavily modified camaro he's never turned a wrench on? I dunno, those dudes were always the worst. Sick car not a fucking clue about how it's put together. Just enough money to try and purchase some street cred. Look, nobody is going to expect the guy driving a 458 around is going to be getting his hands dirty doing the service or even know where the hood latch is. Folks are, quite naturally, going to think a guy rolling around in a sick modified musclecar like that had a hand in building it. I think that's more what someone with that kind of money is buying when they shell out for that camaro...OR, they just have sick amounts of money, can afford it and I'm just jealous. :laughing

I would rather be the guy who just writes a check for a car and everyone thinks is a poser. Which explains why I love new cars. After fixing other people's cars all day, I seriously just can't be bothered much to even so much as deal with any kind of project with my own car. Hell it took me two years to put my Corvette back together after rear ending someone. It was only about 8-9 hours of work replacing the parts. And I just dreaded having to do it.

I would rather be the guy who just writes a check for a car and everyone thinks is a poser. Which explains why I love new cars. After fixing other people's cars all day, I seriously just can't be bothered much to even so much as deal with any kind of project with my own car. Hell it took me two years to put my Corvette back together after rear ending someone. It was only about 8-9 hours of work replacing the parts. And I just dreaded having to do it.

I used to feel the same way when I worked on cars all day. However, now I don't mind as much and I am still too cheap and anal to have my cars worked on by anyone else. I did make an exception a few years ago when I had to get the clutch on my Z replaced. I didn't feel like spending the time on my back pushing a transmission around and paid a guy to do it. He did a fine job, but in retrospect, I wish I would have done it myself.

Before you know it, you will be too OLD to do shit like that...Not looking forward to those days. In the meantime, I hope to someday have a garage with a lift to make those repairs go that much easier.

My job as the 'life's good racing!' Crew chief was an example of one type of guy you are wondering about Sharky.

The guy wanted to blow his money on cars when he was young. But his financial sense won out. So decades later, after retiring due to health reasons, he decided it was time to be a car guy....

But he has no idea how to work on them!

I came in at a point that he had already spend $150k on a 69 Camaro, (that didn't run) and who knows how many thousands more on a whole '95 Camaro racing team effort. I can tell you he paid me $15k in my first 6 weeks with him, just for me to iron out 5 years of 'learning curve' to get his team running smoothly....

Check out the link in my Sig.

Last edited:
Less talkie and proving you're all car geniuses and more pics! Love how these threads turn into knowledge dumps.

Below, 2014 Riddler Award......'64 Riviera??

Shop owner said 20,000 hours and $300,000. He wins a check for $10,000 :laughing. That doesnt even pay for the clear coat job!

1493351_10153871101830048_360652421_o-700x466.jpg

10005944_10153871105055048_8172460_o-700x466.jpg

1912010_10152005545947817_552126559_n.jpg

1920362_10152005546627817_535852219_n.jpg

More cars here here here

Last edited:
Well, some of the Formula 400's scoops were a bit over the top to start with...

70Pontiac-Firebird-12-131.jpg

And no, they were not fake.

9484923295_80343f5f2d_b.jpg

I am a bit biased, here's my car 28 years ago:

58241_1407584591682_7722688_n.jpg

I bought it back in January and it's sitting in my garage till I win the lottery so I can rebuild it. :teeth

very nice!

Here's the 69 Camaro in question... just a tick under 600hp in these pics.
DSC_4239.JPG

DSC_9575.jpg

Last edited:
Big FORD fan here, and that fucking camaro is bad ass.
By far the best sounding vehicle at the track.
Now that I sold my track car I will miss this beast.

Less talkie and proving you're all car geniuses and more pics! Love how these threads turn into knowledge dumps.

Below, 2014 Riddler Award......'64 Riviera??

Shop owner said 20,000 hours and $300,000. He wins a check for $10,000 :laughing. That doesnt even pay for the clear coat job!

There are some f-ed up cars in the world, but that one takes the cake. Holy shit is that ugly.

Back