• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

It's here!

The vette has been made and was delivered last week to Flint, MI! I will fly out there next weekend, and drive it to Virginia next Sunday to give to my dad, so excited, he has no idea!

So next question, for the next year it will be sitting outside, so I need the VERY BEST car cover made. I don't mind paying a lot if I am getting a lot of cover. What have you guys experienced? any recommendations?

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG950052.jpg
    IMG950052.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 62
Nice! It that Night Race Blue?

Been a long time since I used a car cover. But I can tell you a couple things.

Make sure the car is super clean before you cover it. Any dust/dirt on the paint trapped will get ground around.

And spend the money and get a custom fit cover for the C7. That way it's as close to form fit as you're gonna get. Just getting a generic "medium" size one is gonna allow for some extra fabric to flap around in the wind or whatever.

Can't give you any specific brand or model, but figure on it setting you back $300 or so.

While it may not be the latest supercar, I still want one.

modp_0911_01_o+1990_lancia_delta_integrale_16v+front_view.jpg

The vette has been made and was delivered last week to Flint, MI! I will fly out there next weekend, and drive it to Virginia next Sunday to give to my dad, so excited, he has no idea!

So next question, for the next year it will be sitting outside, so I need the VERY BEST car cover made. I don't mind paying a lot if I am getting a lot of cover. What have you guys experienced? any recommendations?

Brian

I think it was Wolf that made the cover I have for my vette, it's been many years since researching and buying it. I still have it and though it hasn't fend off cats very well in it's old age, it's far out lasted my expectations. Protection and fit are A-1!

There a few different versions, all cut to fit the vette, even the cups for the mirrors. I couldn't be happier with the product.

While it may not be the latest supercar, I still want one.

modp_0911_01_o+1990_lancia_delta_integrale_16v+front_view.jpg

*brofist*

Lancia Delta Integrale... that and the quattro were the quintessential 80s rally cars

I think it was Wolf that made the cover I have for my vette, it's been many years since researching and buying it. I still have it and though it hasn't fend off cats very well in it's old age, it's far out lasted my expectations. Protection and fit are A-1!

There a few different versions, all cut to fit the vette, even the cups for the mirrors. I couldn't be happier with the product.

Thanks!

*brofist*

Lancia Delta Integrale... that and the quattro were the quintessential 80s rally cars

:thumbup Glad there's others that agree.

I first learned to work a manual gearbox and a clutch pedal at the age of 13 behind the wheel of a base model 89 Lancia Delta. Family in Europe still has it, always been tempted to import it when they want to get rid of it.

There is a Stratos - rally replica floating around the rich people area part of Pleasanton/Castlewood/Ruby Hills.

Regular Stratoi(?) sat on dealer lots for years - even after the rally successes.

The fake air scoops killed it for me, sorry. Even if they were functional...check this pic:

Well, some of the Formula 400's scoops were a bit over the top to start with...

70Pontiac-Firebird-12-131.jpg

And no, they were not fake.

9484923295_80343f5f2d_b.jpg

Last edited:
I think he was talking about the ones behind the front wheels.
Because how could you not like the hood scoops?

Look at the high res engine shots. Who cares about the hood scoops. That car is Bad Ass!!!!!!

And no, they were not fake.

9484923295_80343f5f2d_b.jpg

Well they were not fake in the sense that they actually shove air inside the engine...:laughing Not exactly conducive to aerodynamics, especially since there's such large openings in the grille already?

But there's no seals, no connection to the air filters, etc. They should have gone to an intercooler, due to the turbo. I think it was a hasty turbo project, but if you like the car above, I can see the appeal. It looks like a beast.

Back