• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

108.jpg

I am a bit biased, here's my car 28 years ago:

58241_1407584591682_7722688_n.jpg

I bought it back in January and it's sitting in my garage till I win the lottery so I can rebuild it. :teeth

I drove a very similar one in black my senior year in high school. Loved that car.

That's because it was on Top Gear on Monday night. And yeah, that emissions claim is probably dubious at best. :laughing

That segment made me want to liquidate all my assets and buy one of those beasts. Absolutely unbelievable. I don't know if there's car on the planet that's ever given me bigger wood. Next closest was a Carrera GT I saw go in person once.

You are probably right, but what kind of poser (I guess it should be posuer with that kind of cash) spends 180K on a heavily modified camaro he's never turned a wrench on? I dunno, those dudes were always the worst. Sick car not a fucking clue about how it's put together. Just enough money to try and purchase some street cred. Look, nobody is going to expect the guy driving a 458 around is going to be getting his hands dirty doing the service or even know where the hood latch is. Folks are, quite naturally, going to think a guy rolling around in a sick modified musclecar like that had a hand in building it. I think that's more what someone with that kind of money is buying when they shell out for that camaro...OR, they just have sick amounts of money, can afford it and I'm just jealous. :laughing

Or maybe some people don't buy cars as a status symbol or give a fuck what anyone else thinks about them. Some people might actually buy them for the enjoyment of the experience driving them, not to pose. Funny how the people who think people buy things for poser points are usually people who can't afford to buy them.

I didn't build my Aprilia, so I guess that makes me a poser.

That segment made me want to liquidate all my assets and buy one of those beasts. Absolutely unbelievable. I don't know if there's car on the planet that's ever given me bigger wood. Next closest was a Carrera GT I saw go in person once.

I'd love to see a 918 in person!

Earlier in this thread, people were talking about "zombie apocalypse" vehicles. Big trucks with all life's amenities sitting in snowy fields and all that. That's cool and everything, but the ultimate zombie apocalypse vehicle has been built with a specific purpose and it ain't a truck (though it's based on one):
GPA02-09_US_SecretService_press_release_2009_Limousine_Page_3_Image.jpg

Read the specs here.

Because of the options at that price point. What you're getting is still a 70s GM product, vs Porsche, Ferrari, Aston, Mercedes, BMW, etc

You're getting a late 70's SHELL. Everything else has been gone through and upgraded. Cool and all that you dislike older rides. But I certainly can bet you it will kill most of the things listed in your likes.

And FWIW: You couldn't fucking pay me to own any Euro car. They simply fucking fall apart after 7-10 years, thanks to their enviro nazi's not allowing preserving chemicals in their rubber and plastic items.

Or maybe some people don't buy cars as a status symbol or give a fuck what anyone else thinks about them. Some people might actually buy them for the enjoyment of the experience driving them, not to pose. Funny how the people who think people buy things for poser points are usually people who can't afford to buy them.

I didn't build my Aprilia, so I guess that makes me a poser.

Apples and oranges.
Poser.
:laughing

mission accomplished! drove the vette to my dad yesterday. first he was pissed, then he drove it and had a smile on his face, but still pissed, today he is in shock and falling in love with it.....

Attachments

• dad and vette.jpg
    dad and vette.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 167
mission accomplished! drove the vette to my dad yesterday. first he was pissed, then he drove it and had a smile on his face, but still pissed, today he is in shock and falling in love with it.....

:thumbup

This was at the Rock Store in Malibu awhile back. Guy claims $45000 in extras

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 148
Back