• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I'm obsessed with that Bentley, can't stop looking at all the details. Its like a whole new genre of customs (for me anyway). I imagine you would upset some people by Murdering out some long old Benz or Jag, but this car is proof that it can be done well.

Last edited:
I'm obsessed with that Bentley, can't stop looking at all the details. Its like a whole new genre of customs (for me anyway). I imagine you would upset some people by Murdering out some long old Benz or Jag, but this car is proof that it can be done well.

That is as it came from the coach builder (restored) it wasn't 'murdered out,' it was many times quieter and lighter than a metal bodied car. Yahoogle Weymann body (which was licensed to coachbuilders across the planet)

If you go to some of the local car shows, these cars have been there - and I don't mean just the ones in Monterey in August; cars like this exist locally.

1930+Bentley+Speed+Six+-+Gurney+Nutting+Sportsman+Coupe+%28Blue+Train%29.jpg

Voisin of the same era, the interiors were way more interesting and influenced by Voisin aircraft designs.
voisinc20mylorddemiberlj.jpg

The world did not begin with 'Cuda and Mustangs.

I apologize for the "murdered out" referance, but you get what I mean.:thumbup I suppose that the Bentley just made me picture a type of custom I'd never contemplated before. By the looks of it, there are originals for inspiration. Fantastic...

Edit - I make a point of going to car shows/museums/ etc. I read lots of car mags, watch car shows, been to track days, and worked at dealerships. I consider myself somewhat of an enthusiast. Somehow, Ive missed that beautiful idea for 40+ years...

Last edited:
Dat radiator cap tho. What fine craftsmanship on that Bentley repro! I'd love to have one and a driver named Argyle.

That is as it came from the coach builder (restored) it wasn't 'murdered out,' it was many times quieter and lighter than a metal bodied car. Yahoogle Weymann body (which was licensed to coachbuilders across the planet)

If you go to some of the local car shows, these cars have been there - and I don't mean just the ones in Monterey in August; cars like this exist locally.

1930+Bentley+Speed+Six+-+Gurney+Nutting+Sportsman+Coupe+%28Blue+Train%29.jpg

Voisin of the same era, the interiors were way more interesting and influenced by Voisin aircraft designs.
voisinc20mylorddemiberlj.jpg

The world did not begin with 'Cuda and Mustangs.

Reminds of a Bugati type 41 like this. I got to see this get unloaded of the truck for Ken Behring of Blackhawk Auto Museum, at the time, it was the most expensive car purchased at auction $15 mil.

esuna-foto-pesadasi-no-se-carga-pasar-por_1f56e.jpg

Back