• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I was the dork coming off the trails just when you guys showed up. That was my first time there at the Demo Forest, and it definatly wont be the last. Just dont try to climb the Braille Trail like I did, that trail kicked my ass in a whole new special kinda way....

squidhunter said:
I was the dork coming off the trails just when you guys showed up. That was my first time there at the Demo Forest, and it definatly wont be the last. Just dont try to climb the Braille Trail like I did, that trail kicked my ass in a whole new special kinda way....

I can't belive you climbed it!!

It's waaaaaaaaay more fun coming down :D

Ok....maybe climbed is the wrong way to describe it. :shhh
The last part was waaaaaaaaay too steep and technical for me to climb. So I had to walk it:cry
If you are ever in the need for a good dose of humility, try climbing the Braille.:laughing

my gad, this turned into a long thread...

I'm up to ride with you guys. I've been riding a couple times a week lately... Skeggs yesterday.

SDF rules!

gmeyner@trane.com

When is the next ride? I just got my old school Marin back from a friend and would be interested in doing a ride.

Veefer said:
When is the next ride? I just got my old school Marin back from a friend and would be interested in doing a ride.

There's a good possibility we might ride this weekend...Soquel or China Camp.

Did you want me to add you to our mountian biking list? I'll need your email addy if you do...

I usually send out emails about upcoming rides and post em up here as well.

PM sent with my email address. Soquel and China Camp are in the North Bay?

Holy crap, that Saratoga Gap trail (the one across from 4-corners) is sweet. Lots of obsticles 'n' stuff.

Veefer: Soquel Demo is about 10 miles South on the Summit Road exit, off of Highway 17

Wolf: I used to ride Saratoga Gap and Skeggs / El Corte de Madera on Highway 35. After going to Soquel, I've been to El Corte like twice. The fun factor is just way higher at Soquel.

WickedWahine said:
Braille trail was so much fun. The jumps and teetertotters were crazy!

I think we're going to try to make it out there next weekend if anyone wants to go.

Good times!

If you are still going to Soquel, I'm in. Couldn't make it last week though, but I did get a ride in at Poqonip (just around the corner from the Demo forest)

i just got back from a mtn bike ride in old almaden, met at 5:30 were done by 6:45. 45 mins of uphill, 5 of downhill. i made it up though after about a 6 yr hiatus.

for those that have been there it is off of old almaden rd, the quicksilver park entrance right across the street from La Foret. I think its called the Mine trail. its beautiful above the fog line that early in the am.

Anyone up for Soquel again this Saturday?

I'm thinking we should meet somewhere in San Jose / Los Gatos around 9-10 AM.

Hey Mike, I can't ride this weekend, but I am definitely up for next weekend. I would like to check this place out, have never been...

Hey Terence,

Soquel is the bomb! I'd rate the climb somewhere between China Camp and Skeggs, while the downhill and singletrack is some of the best around.

I know China Camp was a little on the basic side for you - you should hit the singletrack on the backside of the hill with me sometime! The climb out is a lot more work, with rolling singletrack that's about 1/2 to 1/3 as narrow as what's on the front side.

Lemme know,

Mike

Mountain biking Saturday 8/21

Would anyone like to hit Soquel this weekend (8/21)?

Meeting time: 9AM at the Summit Store on Summit Rd. (24197 Summit Rd.) We should leave there no later than 9:30

Directions from Hwy 17 South:
Exit Summit Rd.
this will loop back over the freeway and come to a "T"
Make a left at the "T", which will be Summit road
Summit Store is about 5 miles down on the left hand side.

Who wants to go?

I was thinking about getting a specialized bighit. Anyone here have one or know if it is a good bike? TIA

Back