• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

WickedWahine said:
Oh yeah, I'll be heading out to China Camp tonight around 6:30ish with a couple of peeps.

MassiveAttack...I know you wanna go! :D

Anyone else down to ride tonight at China Camp? Send me a PM...
:teeth :teeth :teeth I want to sooo bad....

But by the time I get off work, get my shit and commute from San Jose to Marin, (fighting traffic)... it'll be night fall.:cry :cry :cry

*anyone who hasn't been there... is missing out!

Love to try China Camp, but it is a short notice. WW, next time give me a day advance so I can drive to work and bring my bike. Have fun tonight.

Frodog, I see you're out in Fairfield. Do you ride @ Rockville much?

MrCrash907 said:
Frodog, I see you're out in Fairfield. Do you ride @ Rockville much?

Yeah, we try to ride there once or twice a week. It's actually the only place we ride right now (LOL) because it's only 10 min from us. Let me know if you're interested on joining us. I am going to make it to China Camp one of this days. Hopefully WW give me more warning in advance....

Btw, for those who went, how was the ride last night?

be983 said:
I will hit up china camp with you quys.

If you do decide to hit China Camp on the weekend, stop by in Fairfield and come get me. Maybe we can carpool.:teeth

We had an awesome ride at Soquel today!

MrCrash907, MassiveAttack & JnglstTICAL...thanks for a great day!

I'll post pics up later

We're hoping to go next Saturday if anyone else is interested :)

Downieville videos

Use this link instead of the one posted earlier for the Downieville videos:

Downieville MTB Videos

Scroll down a bit. The 3rd and 4th of the Downieville videos has the faster better single-track.

Cheers!

I went to Soquel on Saturday with MassiveAttack, MrCrash907 and JnglstTICAL.

We had so much fun in the "Disneyland for mountain bikes"

well, most of us did ;)

MassiveAttack (Jeff), MrCrash907 (Mike) and JnglstTICAL (Calvin) getting ready to take on Soquel.

1221957-soquel.jpg

MassiveAttack had to stop for a cigarette (!!)

MrCrash907 is warning him that if he burns down the best mountain biking spot in Northern California, there will be hell to pay.

1221983-jeff.jpg

Braille trail was so much fun. The jumps and teetertotters were crazy!

I think we're going to try to make it out there next weekend if anyone wants to go.

Good times!

WickedWahine said:
Braille trail was so much fun. The jumps and teetertotters were crazy!

I think we're going to try to make it out there next weekend if anyone wants to go.

Good times!

Is Braille trail in Soquel? Where is this place? If it is not that far, we may hook up for next weekend.

MackeyStingray said:
massive looks like a big dork.
tool.gif
:twofinger how do you try to get a workout while stopping for cigs in between?
lame.gif

hmm...i would say mtn. biking's more dangerous but can't say that after my dad had a nice getoff this afternoon in marin on his rd. bike. :|

That is so funny. One of my friend that I ride with also smoke after riding. Did I mentioned that he is a freaking REGISTERED NURSE in TRAUMA CENTER!!!!!:laughing GO FIGURE.

Frodog said:
Is Braille trail in Soquel? Where is this place? If it is not that far, we may hook up for next weekend.

Yes, Braille is in Soquel, which is in the Santa Cruz mountains off of 17. That would be quite a drive for you, but I think you would find the drive well worth it (if you love doing downhill).

The climb in is about 5 miles and the climb out is about 2.5 with about 5 miles of downhill in between.

There are log jumps and teetertotters all along the trail. SO MUCH FUN!!

MackeyStingray said:

hmm...i would say mtn. biking's more dangerous but can't say that after my dad had a nice getoff this afternoon in marin on his rd. bike. :|

I think riding a bicycle on a road inhabited by automobiles is asking for it. They barely see us when we're on our motorcycles... I'm not that brave :(

WickedWahine said:
Yes, Braille is in Soquel, which is in the Santa Cruz mountains off of 17. That would be quite a drive for you, but I think you would find the drive well worth it (if you love doing downhill).

The climb in is about 5 miles and the climb out is about 2.5 with about 5 miles of downhill in between.

There are log jumps and teetertotters all along the trail. SO MUCH FUN!!

HOLY SMOKE!!!! SANTE CRUZ!!!! That is far for Mt Biking.

WickedWahine said:
I went to Soquel on Saturday with MassiveAttack, MrCrash907 and JnglstTICAL.

We had so much fun in the "Disneyland for mountain bikes"

well, most of us did ;)

MassiveAttack (Jeff), MrCrash907 (Mike) and JnglstTICAL (Calvin) getting ready to take on Soquel.

1221957-soquel.jpg

We saw you guys, it's pretty cool that you took Braille going down. Don't have the courage to take Braille yet. :blush

Alex

Back