• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

How far is Soquel from Wilder Ranch Park? Wish I or we could go. It's just way too far from us.

Frodog said:
How far is Soquel from Wilder Ranch Park? Wish I or we could go. It's just way too far from us.

How about a China Camp ride on Sunday?

WickedWahine said:
MassiveAttack had to stop for a cigarette (!!)

MrCrash907 is warning him that if he burns down the best mountain biking spot in Northern California, there will be hell to pay.

1221983-jeff.jpg

Man I wish I can go to this weekends ride. Those of you who are going are in for a treat. MrCrash and WW throw a great ride.

*even made time for me to take a break.:smoking :p

MassiveAttack said:
Man I wish I can go to this weekends ride. Those of you who are going are in for a treat. MrCrash and WW throw a great ride.

*even made time for me to take a break.:smoking :p
If I'm not broken, bruised and bleeding from Soquel on Saturday, I think I'll join you for China Camp Sunday.

What time are you thinking of going?

Too bad you can't make it Sunday...Smokey the Bear, however, is relieved ;)

Last edited:
bump

see yall tommarra!

Massive Attack,

I got your PM. Can I call you tomorrow afternoon and let you know? One of buddy that I ride with is picking up an ugly 999S tomorrow after Mt. Tam. ride, so he's probably want's to go for a motorcycle Sunday ride.

Last edited:
Re: Mountain biking Saturday 8/21

WickedWahine said:
Would anyone like to hit Soquel this weekend (8/21)?

Meeting time: 9AM at the Summit Store on Summit Rd. (24197 Summit Rd.) We should leave there no later than 9:30

Directions from Hwy 17 South:
Exit Summit Rd.
this will loop back over the freeway and come to a "T"
Make a left at the "T", which will be Summit road
Summit Store is about 5 miles down on the left hand side.

Who wants to go?

I want to check that trail out, but my sat is booked.:x

I hope you guys go back out there next week.:teeth

Anyone know some good foresty trails? I'm looking for a single track, mostly level, through the redwoods. Remote, if possible (ie: not going through campgrounds,etc)

I've read the reviews on mtbr, but they don't give very good descriptions of the locations..

Wolf said:
Anyone know some good foresty trails? I'm looking for a single track, mostly level, through the redwoods. Remote, if possible (ie: not going through campgrounds,etc)

I've read the reviews on mtbr, but they don't give very good descriptions of the locations..

Most of the trails in skeggs point are in the woods

Frodog said:
Anyone up for Mt. Tam tomorrow morning?

If I didn't have to be on call for work, I would join you. I like that ride, and there is a nice decent off the main railroad grade fireroad, I also ride that sometimes at night. Do you have a bike light?

Wolf said:

Rockville Park in Rockville CA is one of the best single trail for me. From biginner to very technical trail. Although I haven't really been anywhere else, so what do I know.:teeth

Yeah, I rode Skaggs about a week ago. Anything lower? Like valley floor stuff? Anything good near big basin/236?

Last edited:
Wolf said:
The "mostly level" bit rules out Skeggs. Lots of climbing.

The front side of China Camp starts with a gradual two-mile climb, that leads to several miles of rolling singletrack. In fact, about 90% of the ride is on singletrack. It's probably your best bet, and is my regular ride when I'm limited on time.

I did the Tamarancho trail out near Fairfax once. Nice rolling singletrack, but the location is nowhere near as accessible as China Camp. It's a bit of a climb to get in there as well.

I hear Wilder Ranch down near Santa Cruz is nice. Hyperlite's old stomping grounds - maybe he can give a better description of it?

That was a fun ride today at Soquel. Kind of ironic that I was no more daring this time around, even with the elbow / shin guards.

Has anyone here ridden Montara Mountain in Pacifica before? It's the only place outside of Northstar the downhillers seem to ride in these parts. I know where it is, and am familiar with the fireroad up - but I'm looking in particular for the trails called "Boy Scout" and "The Crack".

Also, if anyone knows where "Side O" is in the Berkeley hills, I'd love to get directions so that I can check it out sometime :)

Back