• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Frodog said:
What's China Camp compare to Mt. Tam? Anyone here rode both trails?

I don't think I have ridden all of the trails on Tam, but the ones I have have pretty much been fire roads. China Camp if more single track. Easier climbs though......

WickedWahine said:
OMG that thing is huge!!!!!

Check out this bear I saw at Northstar!

bear.JPG

OK...NOW you're going WAY TOO FAR! I can understand leghumping BARF Animals BUT a Wooden BEAR named HOWDY?!:wtf :rant :x

yoda said:
OK...NOW you're going WAY TOO FAR! I can understand leghumping BARF Animals BUT a Wooden BEAR named HOWDY?!:wtf :rant :x

:laughing I think HOWDY is the old fashioned way of saying "how YOU doin'?"

Ya guys should know- riding w/ hamburgers marinated in catnip in your camelback can be bad idea-

I'd rather deal witha kitty than a pissed off boar..

Hi guys!

Just a quick reminder that a few of us are meeting up this evening around 6:30 to do a loop of China Camp. Come on out if you're interested!

Directions from SF on 101
Exit N. San Pedro and take the first right hand ramp
Follow road for several miles until you see the China Camp sign
Park near the entrance to the camp grounds (look for the guard booth)

If you get lost, call me
Cell (415)652-3930

Link to map: http://www.parks.ca.gov/lat_long_map/area_maps.asp?lvl_id=103&zoom=3

WickedWahine said:
Hi guys!

Just a quick reminder that a few of us are meeting up this evening around 6:30 to do a loop of China Camp. Come on out if you're interested!

Directions from SF on 101
Exit N. San Pedro and take the first right hand ramp
Follow road for several miles until you see the China Camp sign
Park near the entrance to the camp grounds (look for the guard booth)

If you get lost, call me
Cell (415)652-3930

Link to map: http://www.parks.ca.gov/lat_long_map/area_maps.asp?lvl_id=103&zoom=3

How was the ride?

MassiveAttack said:
I won't let the secret out of the bag for the folks who haven't experienced China Camp...

But it's definitely worth the drive to Marin.

Great ride! I had a blast and I think MassiveAttack is now addicted to China Camp =)

Is anyone up for an after work ride tomorrow evening? Coyote Hills or maybe Stevens Canyon? Meet around 6ish? Bueller?

xls said:
Is anyone up for an after work ride tomorrow evening? Coyote Hills or maybe Stevens Canyon? Meet around 6ish? Bueller?

What Time?

I'm in for a ride..

I'd say let's meet around 6 (traffic will be a bitch, so I might be a little late). I've never been to Coyote Hills. I work near Great America Park in Santa Clara so I think both, it and Stevens Canyon will take me about 30 minutes to get to. Which one would work for you?

Btw, haven't been riding regularly lately so I hope you don't mind waiting every now and then. :)

If you work in Santa Clara- Lets hit Saratoga Gap... Coyote hills will be too far fo drive for both you and me.

Anyone got any recomendations for some trails between Palo alto and Santa Clara..

PM me details

Anyone down to ride Soquel Demo this Saturday (8/14)?

Can anyone recommend a good spot to meet up in San Jose?

I think around 9:30AM would be a good time to meet and we can caravan over to Soquel.

I'll be sending out an email, just thought I would give a heads up here first :)

xls said:

Oh yeah, I'll be heading out to China Camp tonight around 6:30ish with a couple of peeps.

MassiveAttack...I know you wanna go! :D

Anyone else down to ride tonight at China Camp? Send me a PM...

Back