• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I'm dwon for downieville!

So I guess Crash and WW will be out this weekend.... Which puts a damper on plans for a group ride.

Anyone in for a ride this weekend?

Open Space Preserves (CorteMadera)
Soquel Demo
China Camp
Suggestions...

I'm free for Sunday, so if anyone wants to hit the trails.. post or pm.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I have a question to ask all of you...

I'm thinking of maybe asking TheSteveCo if we could have our own "Mountain Biking" section here on BARF.

Don't know if he would be receptive to it, but after seeing how much response we've received with this one thread, and how huge it's gotten, I think it would be worth asking.

It would make finding things easier...like gear questions, ride reports and plans...

What do you guys think? I don't want to ask if no one is interested.

:)

I would support you in creating a special place. He may say 'No' because before you know it, other gropus may want similar treatment. You know the groups I am talking about. The BARF Knitting Club, Parchesi Champions of the Bay Area, and the countless others

:D

I'm hip for it.

Maybe another section for mountian biking AND parchisi AND knitting?

or is this what the kitchen sink is for?

"kitchen sink including Mountian Biking"?

HAHAHAAA!

Maybe BARF bocce ball too?

I know what you mean about everyone else asking for a "special place" of their own.

Maybe we (or should it be *I*) can be content to just keep it here for now. At least we can search in the Social Gatherings section, right?

WickedWahine said:
Hey guys!

I have a question to ask all of you...

I'm thinking of maybe asking TheSteveCo if we could have our own "Mountain Biking" section here on BARF.

Don't know if he would be receptive to it, but after seeing how much response we've received with this one thread, and how huge it's gotten, I think it would be worth asking.

It would make finding things easier...like gear questions, ride reports and plans...

What do you guys think? I don't want to ask if no one is interested.

:)

Go for it!!!!

MassiveAttack said:
So I guess Crash and WW will be out this weekend.... Which puts a damper on plans for a group ride.

Anyone in for a ride this weekend?

Open Space Preserves (CorteMadera)
Soquel Demo
China Camp
Suggestions...

I'm free for Sunday, so if anyone wants to hit the trails.. post or pm.

Wanna go to Rockville? If you like single trails and not a whole lot of climbing, then try Rockville. My friend and I can hook up with you Sunday. Let me know.

Frodog said:
Wanna go to Rockville? If you like single trails and not a whole lot of climbing, then try Rockville. My friend and I can hook up with you Sunday. Let me know.

Where exactly is Rockville? I'm in San Jose.. China Camp is about 1.2 hours.

Hyperlite said:
I can take you on an easy cruise into Santa Teresa park and back. Distance can be as much or as little you want :teeth
Map of S.T. park: http://www.parkhere.org/scc/assets/docs/41081santa_teresa.pdf

route idea: Try parking at the .trailhead on Harry Rd., located just south of Almaden Expwy. and next to the entrance to IBM. Follow this path to the main trailhead (which can also be reached via Fortini Rd from McKean) and then take Fortini Trail until it dumps you into a parking lot (Pueblo day use area). There is a public restroom on your right with a park map and usually good shade, a good spot to take a break and check out any activities that may be going on in the area.
From here, keep going on the trail you were on (Pueblo). It'll climb a bit when you start running up to and along Bernal Rd. until you reach the top where additional parking can be found at (where it intersects with Mine trail again). Follow Mine (fun, steep downhill leading up to a climb you can practially coast up :teeth)until you fork back to Fortini. Turn right onto Fortini and retrace your footsteps back to where you parked.

This should total about 4 miles, will take you along single track and fire road. Places do get bumpy, rocky and technical but they are short and probably won't surprise you toooo much. You'll encounter one long, gradual climb and one fairly steep climb but the steep one is right after a downhill which will boost you most of the way up it if you carry momentum into it.

Lemme know if you wanna give this is a shot sometime and I'll gladly lead you along it. This is a route that Becca even enjoys for the most part and gladly goes back to, just to give you an idea. You can also explore on some of the more technical trails there (such as Stiles Ranch {extremely rocky}, Rocky Ridge and a few others) if you find this is pretty tame for you as it's a beginner to casual intermediate style route

:burnout

OK, I'm gonna check this trail out tomorrow. Thanks Tony. Who wants to join me? Tony? Patrick? Ravi? Butch? Becca?

Say, 6:00PM at the Harry Rd. trailhead? I'm gonna be slower than a constipated turtle and will be taking my sweet ass time but I don't expect anybody to wait for me.

Suggestions?

Oh, I'd give you guys my phone number but I had an incident involving a cell phone, a sink, and my morning shave.

Last edited:
MassiveAttack said:
Where exactly is Rockville? I'm in San Jose.. China Camp is about 1.2 hours.

It's takes me about the same amount of time when I go to San Jose. Rockville is near Fairfield, CA. You take Hwy 680 North all the way to Hwy. 80 East (Sacramento). Once you hit Hwy 80, you take the first ramp exit (Green Valley Rd.) and then go over the freeway. Stay on that road till you Rockville Rd. (about 2 miles from Hwy 80) then you turn left on Rockville Rd. After you turned left, about 1 or 1.5 mile you will see a parking lot for Rockville park. I don't know anything about China Camp so I can't compare the two....

Anyone here been to China Camp and Rockville?

WickedWahine said:
HAHAHAAA!

Maybe BARF bocce ball too?

I know what you mean about everyone else asking for a "special place" of their own.

Maybe we (or should it be *I*) can be content to just keep it here for now. At least we can search in the Social Gatherings section, right?

Thats not a bad idea, otherwise this thread will never die!

I think imma hit up fremont alder around 3:30ish. If anyone is out there, look for a blue trek, it will probably be on the ground somewhere, I should be laying/rolling around in the weeds not too far away from the bike.

ScorpioVI said:
OK, I'm gonna check this trail out tomorrow. Thanks Tony. Who wants to join me? Tony? Patrick? Ravi? Butch? Becca?

How about RIGHT NOW!?!

Tomorrow I'm going to try Annadel. Got some business in Santa Rosa. Maybe 3pm.

Here goes: cel 408-857-9168. Ulp. Call me if anyone wants to hook up. Maybe I should go to Rockville and get a tour from Frodog...

Butch said:
ScorpioVI said:

How about RIGHT NOW!?!

Here goes: cel 408-857-9168. Ulp. Call me if anyone wants to hook up. Maybe I should go to Rockville and get a tour from Frodog...

Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow? :laughing

Butch said:
ScorpioVI said:

How about RIGHT NOW!?!

Hay Butch if your going to Annadel bring a swim suit. I think you can take a cool off dip in the lake up there. Great trails just watch out for the horses:teeth

JnglstTICAL said:
I think imma hit up fremont alder around 3:30ish. If anyone is out there, look for a blue trek, it will probably be on the ground somewhere, I should be laying/rolling around in the weeds not too far away from the bike.

I'd meet you out there.. but I didn't bring the bike today.

:mad :cry

JnglstTICAL said:
bring it 2 work tomorrow.
Bringing the truck and bike tomorrow. Tired of riding the same thing everyday...

Should be fun on the Los Gatos Trail.... Lots and lots of hills, (approx. 4 miles).
Then all down hill... No faster than 15mph or the rangers will cite you!
:nerd

Back