• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

HAHA... that was simply said.

*So who's up for a ride tomorrow? Me and my brother are planning to hit one of the following:

SDF (Soquel Demo Forest)
Wilder Ranch in Santa Cruz
Saratoga Gap -- Up all the way to Motebello and Russian Ridge
or
China Camp if we wake up early enough

PM if interested.

Last edited:
Wow... Just finished Wilder Ranch in Santa Cruz. What a nice satisfying ride... the entire ride was pretty filled with new things here and there.

Highly recomend this park to ride - especially for people who just want a scenic ride or are just starting to push their limits. There's almost a little of everything... technical single track, (Old Cabin, Eucaluptus, Enchantment maybe more), Nice paced scenic roads, (Engleman's Loop, Wilder Loop, Etc) and tons of beautiful views of the ocean.

I took my gf and brother. They diged it and learned a lot.

3 out 5 for technical fun
4 out of 5 for overall ride
4 out of 5 for overall workout

*Old Cabin sort of reminds me of SDF. :D

For a little longer ride, next time try starting on on Pogonip to Grey Whale to Wilder and back. Lots of everything, pack a lunch, if you do it right you can have lunch at the Eucalyptus Grove. Lots of stunts and fun stuff hidden around in Pogonip.

How's Wilder compared to the front side of China Camp as far as the climbs go?

Dust off, true...

WickedWahine said:
So it's time for everyone to dust off the bikes and get out there!

Not only is it great exercise, it's FUN!
I'd be interested. Give me a reason to take my SC.Superlight off the rack.

I love to mountain bike. if anyones who does not have a bike and wants to go, i have an extra one. please add me to the email list...d_le337@hotmail.com

d_le337 said:
I love to mountain bike. if anyones who does not have a bike and wants to go, i have an extra one. please add me to the email list...d_le337@hotmail.com

Glad you're interested...I've got you down on the email list
:)

Just to warn you all, I started classes this past week and I may not be able to check in here as often as I would like. :cry

I won't be able to do any Saturday rides (with exception of 9/18 & 9/25) until this semester is over (december) because I have a field study course that lasts from 9-5 on Saturdays.

There may be some days that our class meets later (marine biology class so we go by the low tide) and I can possibly ride mornings.

anyone wanna ride Labor Day? Early? Traffik in the PM will be crazy...

I may be interested.....My labor day plans just changed....What were you thinking?

SDF, Skeggs, Purisimo, Charcoal...

The Santa Cruz mtns are still cool in the warm weather.

hey, "everything in moderation, including moderation"; wasn't that a Ben Franklin saying?

my vote is in for Wilder Park... mtbkr1, if you go... maybe you can show us the long loops.

: D

I'll be up at the Auburn Ravine this Friday! That place is second only to Soquel in my book :)

Well, Soquel and Northstar.

With the AFM season coming to a close with trackdays growing scarce, I'd say it's almost time for a Northstar road trip!

Out of curiosity, and because that time of year is sooner than I want to think about; How many of you guys ride when it gets cold and damp? Last year I was on the trainer and going insane, not somthing I care to repeat.

squidhunter said:
Out of curiosity, and because that time of year is sooner than I want to think about; How many of you guys ride when it gets cold and damp? Last year I was on the trainer and going insane, not somthing I care to repeat.

This is California!!! Ride year round!!!

I have been getting in more riding time lately than I have over the last few years. In the 'old' days, I used to ride, rain or shine. Mind you I *HATE* cold weather.....but as long as the trails are in decent condition (i.e. not too muddy, eroded, etc) I will ride.

NOTE: The above should not be contrued as the author will ride in a downpour, he is just illustrating the fact that some airborne moisture won't keep him off the trails.
:D

squidhunter said:

I don't have a problem riding in the cold and damp...dunno about full on rain. When the wet season rolls around, I slap on the MudMachine fenders and I'm good to go.

I need to go ride...SCHOOL SUCKS!!

:cry

Back