• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Race start has been changed to 9am on Sunday!!

Friday

2-4pm Packet pickup from Cycle Sport (191 Oak St, Ashland)

Saturday

10am 1st shuttle run at the Ashland Mtn Adventures Shop (700 Mistletoe Rd. Ashland) -- be there 15min early to load bikes, etc.

1-3pm Packet pickup from Lithia Park (59 Winburn Way, Ashland)

230pm 2nd shuttle run (same location - 15 min early!! ) --- + Time Warp

Sunday

Packet pickup 730-815am at the ski resort

830am start times posted

9am start of race

Last edited:
Wats DV is a great place to ride and well worth the trip

Waaayyyy longer than North* and just as technical

Though it did have quite a bit of climbing, more than I am use to

Do you have to be super skilled and super fast to ride there?

Also, I only have a cheapo Jamis Dakar with an 100mm front fork and a SID rear with 1.5 travel. Should I just leave the bike home and rent one there?

I think is has a varity of terrain there I know other guys here have been
I have been riding for some time so I didn't find it too difficult
But hopefully other guys can chime in
You want a bike with some travel the bike I rode had 6 inches of travel front and back
It is well worth the trip some of the best riding in the west

I think is has a varity of terrain there I know other guys here have been
I have been riding for some time so I didn't find it too difficult
But hopefully other guys can chime in
You want a bike with some travel the bike I rode had 6 inches of travel front and back
It is well worth the trip some of the best riding in the west

Looking for a size Large 140mm travel frame. Something like a Mojo, Turner 5 spot, maybe a blur LT, maybe a trek Remedy, etc

Also might be parting with my 2007 XL Stumjumper Sworks Carbon Frame with Brain shock

The XL is just too long for me, if anyone sees a good deal please let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Busted Shoulder and 2 hours of sleep(and I'm not exaggerating in the least). Only difference between race and pre-ride is the stopwatch. I still had a blast on Saturday, results are cool but they don't make the actual ride more fun (thats what I'm telling myself at least haha)

O and it was 5 hours :twofinger

Last edited:
For Sale:

2007 Specialized S-Works Carbon Fiber Stumpjumper Frame Only size XL

I bought the frame brand new mid 2008 and have put about 3- 400 miles on it since then. Its in excellent condition except for a few scratches and chips. I'm selling it because I want to try a bike that is a bit smaller for more aggressive riding.

This was Specialized's top of the line XC trail bike in 2007. S-Works is their racer development models. It also has their top of the line rear shock on it called "The Brain" basically this shock makes the rear of the bike stiff enough to not make the rear suspension not move a lot when pedalling making the bike launch foward with every pedal stroke, but when you hit a bump it becomes fully active making the suspension soft to suck up bumps.

The front triangle (the main part of the frame) is Carbon fiber and is really nice, the rear triangle (part that holds the rear wheel) is aluminum. The frame is really light and rides very nice as well as the Carbon Fiber sucks up a lot of trail vibrations. You can't see it in the picture too well but it has a transparent metallic green paint, and in the light you can see the carbon fiber weave underneath it.

I'm looking to get $800 for just the frame and shock by itself.

Should fit riders from 6' to 6'5"

Here is a link with the details
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?arc=2007&spid=22233

Last edited:
Anyone got an extra 100-115mm xc fork laying around (reba, psylo, tora, etc)? I need one pretty bad.

PM me please =)

EDIT: Nevermind, already got one =)

Last edited:
anyone want to ride demo this wednesday-sometime between 10 and 2? I have only been there once, with a group from BARF.
Also, has anyone been to the UCSC trails since the crackdown? Still fun to ride?

Roxy down hard at N* , wtf happened? :wtf

ROXY said:
dislocated ankle, fractured fibula, and torn ligaments.

I'm out for a while..

It was fun while it lasted -- Northstar was a f**kin blast!!

Back