• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Roxy down hard at N* , wtf happened? :wtf

crashed on Gypsy -- launched a rockdrop and crashed on the landing...didn't quite clip out on time and the bike tried to take my ankle with it...dislocated and fractured ankle with torn ligaments

surgery this wednesday -- ankle plate with syndesmosis screw -- out 8 weeks more or less

I'm out for Downieville.

Last edited:
Damn Roxy, you could have at least waited til I ran you over again :wow

Get well soon chica, le tme know if we can do anything for you or if you need anything. ;)

I don't know how you guys do it

North * and clip ins = fail

You learn the easy way or the other way

Damn Roxy, you could have at least waited til I ran you over again :wow

Get well soon chica, le tme know if we can do anything for you or if you need anything. ;)

:rofl

Thanks Johnnyboy:)

I don't know how you guys do it

North * and clip ins = fail

You learn the easy way or the other way

How do you not get bounced off the pedals through the gnar gnar:wtf

I don't know how YOU guys do it on flat pedals:)

Well I wish I could go ride with you but I just had shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago

I am hoping for an August ride there, if I go I will let you know

I have a couple videos from last year I will post in a day or so

That's the closet I will be to riding there anytime soon

I don't think they sit very much, and with most of your weight on the pedals, your feet just move with the bike.

When I am at North * the only time I am sitting is on the chair on the way up and at lunch

Keep those knees bend a little and you are good, I just remember seeing a guy clipped in go end over end when he could not get out of his pedals when he approached a drop

That did not look good

.didn't quite clip out on time ]

FAIL

Clips are FAIL FAIL FAIL , get some flatties and some 510s and bend yo fookin knees. Or you can just let your bike bend your knees for you... the bike will win.. :|

You guys are making me jealous with the N*/ Downieville talk. I miss jumping in the Yuba river after the ride down.

I recently put slicks on my free ride and am towing a baby trailer in back. The DH/Freeride/XC days are on hold till I can get my little girl on the saddle.

Any of you guys interested in a Thule Insta Gater for your pick up? I have a barely used one I'm thinking of selling.

OUCH . I was hoping to meet you at Downieville this saturday.

Heal well!

crashed on Gypsy -- launched a rockdrop and crashed on the landing...didn't quite clip out on time and the bike tried to take my ankle with it...dislocated and fractured ankle with torn ligaments

surgery this wednesday -- ankle plate with syndesmosis screw -- out 8 weeks more or less

I'm out for Downieville.

Hey I thought you were runnign those pedals that you can do both flat and clipless? Aren't those the ones you said you use at the DJ park as flats?

Personall it would take me awhile to get used to flats, or I'd have to have all the right gear, like sticky shoes and good flats etc etc. Used to ride nothing but flats on BMX bikes for years so I know its doable :teeth

Last edited:
I've always run clipless, even at DVille, UCSC, and Demo. But I can also clip out in mid air.

Shuttle Runs at D-Ville

I need someone that wants to do Shuttles at D-Ville on Saturday.
I'm out for XC, I can't really sit (long story if you don't know me) but Northstar went well and I'd love to get a 2 shuttle day on Saturday. ....... :wtf Anyone??????

I've only got a couple of weeks, maybe a month until rotator cuff surgery #2 (other shoulder) happens so I really want to get some DH/AM,:thumbup ............. Anyone????? :wtf

I've always run clipless, even at DVille, UCSC, and Demo. But I can also clip out in mid air.

Sorry but the last thing I want to worry about if im tumbling through the air is my feet being clipped in. Save the clipping in business for the bike path rides. Even a ton of the world cup riders realized its career suicide to ride gnar clipped in and are going with platforms.

Sorry but the last thing I want to worry about if im tumbling through the air is my feet being clipped in. Save the clipping in business for the bike path rides. Even a ton of the world cup riders realized its career suicide to ride gnar clipped in and are going with platforms.

You're most likely right, but whats done is done :(

If you watch my video you will see at the end I am approaching a jump and my back tire went flat just before the jump causing me to go sideways in the air

I go messed up enough without clip ins, I wouldn't want to image what i would look like if I was

Save the clip ins for the climbing

I need someone that wants to do Shuttles at D-Ville on Saturday.
I'm out for XC, I can't really sit (long story if you don't know me) but Northstar went well and I'd love to get a 2 shuttle day on Saturday. ....... :wtf Anyone??????

I've only got a couple of weeks, maybe a month until rotator cuff surgery #2 (other shoulder) happens so I really want to get some DH/AM,:thumbup ............. Anyone????? :wtf

So how is that shoulder doing?

I am where you were last year at this time

Have fun at DV

Back