• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

First ride clipless in about 8 hrs...Pray for me:rofl

EDIT:Hit the Deck 5 times:(
Advice: Don't try to learn clipless at Henry Coe:loser

Last edited:
cool i got the oil already. i will just find a tube. thanks for the info

If you want some tips on bleeding shimano brakes PM me. I've been bleeding them for 5 years.... :thumbup

Word of advice: Dont use mineral oil from Safeway. :rofl

Word of advice: Dont use mineral oil from Safeway. :rofl[/QUOTE]

i was thinking about that. hahaha. i got some from a friend that works at a bike shop.

Wait till you 12 oclock clipless :thumbdown

When I was racing BMX back in the stone age, Vans had the absolute best sole for bear traps...Used to loop wheelies often:rofl..I know it's gonna happen again..Hope ma 41 year old tailbone survives:thumbup:laughing.

You got pm..
J-

When I was racing BMX back in the stone age, Vans had the absolute best sole for bear traps...Used to loop wheelies often:rofl..I know it's gonna happen again..Hope ma 41 year old tailbone survives:thumbup:laughing.

You got pm..
J-
LOL, :rofl My 44 yr old tail bone is doing just fine, .... I just wish my 44 yr old tendons and ligaments would stop tearing. :cry

Word of advice: Dont use mineral oil from Safeway. :rofl

i was thinking about that. hahaha. i got some from a friend that works at a bike shop.[/QUOTE]

It works in a pinch, say if your up in Tahoe and no bike shop has any. But do NOT leave it in the the lines for more than a day or so. It eats the caliper seals and then your brakeless. :rofl

^From experience.

i was thinking about that. hahaha. i got some from a friend that works at a bike shop.

It works in a pinch, say if your up in Tahoe and no bike shop has any. But do NOT leave it in the the lines for more than a day or so. It eats the caliper seals and then your brakeless. :rofl

^From experience.[/QUOTE]

Definitely good to know. So do you recommend anything other than the Shimano brand stuff (or maybe the Magura stuff)?

LOL, :rofl My 44 yr old tail bone is doing just fine, .... I just wish my 44 yr old tendons and ligaments would stop tearing. :cry

Heard That! I tore the deltoid tendon in my left foot going through the t-8 esses at Sears Point this year during practice... Didn't crash..Just switching positions on the bike:party Ridiculous:|

Heard That! I tore the deltoid tendon in my left foot going through the t-8 esses at Sears Point this year during practice... Didn't crash..Just switching positions on the bike:party Ridiculous:|
Welcome to my F@#$EN world. Last year riding into a berm (Slow/Practice) put pressure on the bar heard a "POP" :wow form left shoulder. Detached rotator cuff # 1. This summer selling someone a Talas fork and showing him how it worked, pushed down on the bars to compress the fork, .... "POP :shocker Pretty obvious that rotator cuff #2 (right) has just done the same thing.

Old age SUX (for athletes anyway) :(

Definitely good to know. So do you recommend anything other than the Shimano brand stuff (or maybe the Magura stuff)?

Magura fluid will work. I ran it in the rear brake for awhile. It seemed to heat up faster than the thicker Shimano fluid. I would just buy a jug of the Shimano fluid for 20 or so dollars. The big one. It'll last you forever.

The downside of Shimano brakes is that you do have to bleed them more often than other brakes. But the performance is far better than anything I have ever ridden.

Welcome to my F@#$EN world. Last year riding into a berm (Slow/Practice) put pressure on the bar heard a "POP" :wow form left shoulder. Detached rotator cuff # 1. This summer selling someone a Talas fork and showing him how it worked, pushed down on the bars to compress the fork, .... "POP :shocker Pretty obvious that rotator cuff #2 (right) has just done the same thing.

Old age SUX (for athletes anyway) :(

Dammit Man!
We must be related..
I popped one of mine checking the air pressure on a Tractor Trailer..Pulled the air guage and POP:wtf..
The other one wasn't so puss.. I was stabbing a 10 speed Road Ranger using a bar when that one let go..Skipped getting them repaired..They hurt like hell for about a year and every now and then when I raise my hands holding an object...And weak..4 year old girls can probably lift more over their heads than I can:laughing
At least the brain is still a kid:thumbup

I know, Demo Forest, Santa Teresa Park, St. Josephs Trail, Wilder Ranch, Quiksilver and Peter's Creek loop, let me know if any of you wish to join in, would love to show you around if you're have not been to any of these trails. They all rock in they're own way.

Michael

rideSFO is hosting the SF Bike Expo

Saturday, November 21, 2009 10am-6pm
sfbikeexpo.com/

Back