• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

:rofl

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i50BlGUJ_gQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i50BlGUJ_gQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

60cm road bike for sale: $650

Soon be too muddy for the dirt, so if your over 6' tall I have a nice bike for you.
60cm Torelli Countach OS. Full Ultegra 3x9. Set up tall and comfortable.

Roxy suggested I tell you about it.

It would fit you great. And you can paypal it if you want to put it on a card.
$650 for the bike.

to PUSH... Or not to PUSH..

That is the question.

Fox RP23 XV and 32Float RLC coming from ebay. Got a super deal on both, so I was considering having them worked over by PUSH Ind.

The shock probably needs revalving. I'm not sure what it came off, but it would be a miracle if it was valved correctly for my VPP bike. The fork is supposed to have fresh oil and seals.

For those who have paid for it, was the PUSH magic worth it? Did the before and after justify the $160?

wooooooooot..... gettin better at this leg powered two wheel thing :p been MTBing for a little over a month. finally got some balls and tried a jump or two :eek:
boyscout1.jpg

anyone got some good spots in the north bay for a beginner?

That is the question.

Fox RP23 XV and 32Float RLC coming from ebay. Got a super deal on both, so I was considering having them worked over by PUSH Ind.

The shock probably needs revalving. I'm not sure what it came off, but it would be a miracle if it was valved correctly for my VPP bike. The fork is supposed to have fresh oil and seals.

For those who have paid for it, was the PUSH magic worth it? Did the before and after justify the $160?

Not totally worth it alone in my book, but as part of a full rebuild it's good. I think you're going to transform the 5.5, because you ride so stiff a suspension.

I have my RP23 set to off and let VPCreak do the platform work, The RLC is better than the Nixon at keeping you up, so you might use less air spring.

Ride it first, tweak and tune on the trail, the first time it lets you down tweak and ride again. I have not considered Push since last time I used them.

ADDITIONALLY, JOSH WILL BE OUR DEFAULT SUSPENSION GUY!! Local shops that rock Greg. :thumbup

Can Josh revalve a shock???

That would be impressive. And super cool. Requires lots of special tools/holding jigs/shock dynometer and a nitrogen charging system. Would be happy to keep it local if possible.

Sonny,
Did theRP23 come as the stock shock on your bike?
Have you been able to get full travel out of it without running 35-40% sag.

I have mine set up fairly plush(17mm of sag), but the bike never produces more than 40mm of shock stroke no matter how hard I hit it. I'm talkin' 10mph manual into a curb that almost pinch flats the rear tire doesn't produce more than 40mm of travel.

I got tired of riding around on 4.4" of travel on a 5.5" bike so I started looking at options. The RP23 XV with a custom tune seems to be the most common solution on the MTBR Intense forum, but many are running Manitou Evolver 6 and a few other things.
The RP23 XV was a easy find, but I'm open to any other optons/solutions.

That would be impressive. And super cool. Requires lots of special tools/holding jigs/shock dynometer and a nitrogen charging system. Would be happy to keep it local if possible.

Sonny,
Did theRP23 come as the stock shock on your bike?
Have you been able to get full travel out of it without running 35-40% sag.

I have mine set up fairly plush(17mm of sag), but the bike never produces more than 40mm of shock stroke no matter how hard I hit it. I'm talkin' 10mph manual into a curb that almost pinch flats the rear tire doesn't produce more than 40mm of travel.

I got tired of riding around on 4.4" of travel on a 5.5" bike so I started looking at options. The RP23 XV with a custom tune seems to be the most common solution on the MTBR Intense forum, but many are running Manitou Evolver 6 and a few other things.
The RP23 XV was a easy find, but I'm open to any other optons/solutions.
BASTARD!!! The option would have been to try out the ENDURO SL PRO that I froze my ass off in the garage putting together for you. Again I say, ...... BASTARD!!!:twofinger

That said, folks, gimme a shout before you buy new. The garage is filling up again and I have some VERY NICE equipment for sale. Everything from 4 - 8+ inches of travel. :teeth
Full bikes, builds, and almost all parts that you might be interested in. :thumbup

Back