• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Tires

Hey guys.
Check this out if you are looking for Prowlers. Remember, no sales tax and after a certain amount of $$ shipping is free.
http://greenfishsports.com/products.php?action=search&keywords=prowler&x=0&y=0
I buy stuff from Greenfish all the time. VERY reputable.

If anyone is gonna make an order let me know. I'll go in on a couple of the XT's but don't need enough to make a full (No shipping cost) order.

Last edited:
Have y'all tried Schwalbe tires? I guess they're the big thing in Europe... just curious.

Apparently Schwalbe tests their tires and some competitors for rolling resistance on some special spinning drum thing.

Hey guys.
Check this out if you are looking for Prowlers. Remember, no sales tax and after a certain amount of $$ shipping is free.
http://greenfishsports.com/products.php?action=search&keywords=prowler&x=0&y=0
I buy stuff from Greenfish all the time. VERY reputable.

If anyone is gonna make an order let me know. I'll go in on a couple of the XT's but don't need enough to make a full (No shipping cost) order.

If I hadn't just bought a set of tires a month ago, I'd be down to try some out.

Have y'all tried Schwalbe tires? I guess they're the big thing in Europe... just curious.

Apparently Schwalbe tests their tires and some competitors for rolling resistance on some special spinning drum thing.
I've looked at them a few times but the price scares me away..Haven't seen them for a decent price yet....

I must be riding like a schoolgirl because I've actually never noticed a difference in tire tread. Not enough that I couldn't ride around it and get used to it!

I use Specialized Eskar 2.3 up front and Fast Trak 2.0 in the rear, both tubeless 29er tires.

I must be riding like a schoolgirl because I've actually never noticed a difference in tire tread. Not enough that I couldn't ride around it and get used to it!

I use Specialized Eskar 2.3 up front and Fast Trak 2.0 in the rear, both tubeless 29er tires.
I mean this seriously, not as a dig. . . .
Heavier guys and different riding styles (and different head angles) can get away with IMHO a lot wider variety of tires as your weight actually pushes the tread into the terrain for optimum traction, whereas someone like myself, (much lighter) especially on a slacker (head angle) bike seems to slide the front end more unless a conscious effort is made to really plant (load) the front end before turns.

Last edited:
That sorta makes sense, dude. Actually, I've never really met the traction limit with these tires when I'm on dirt. On leaves or mud, that's another story. Being a Clyde has its advantages, I guess?

I've raced on Furious Fred's.....it was like riding on tissue paper..

i do not recommend for roots/rocks/bumps/wet/mud.....and 100% not for daily use....

but man-O-man are they quick on buff ST....
l_img_furious-fred_08.gif

Want a good laugh, ....

4 months and 24 pounds later

Attachments

• Comparison Lo Res.jpg
    Comparison Lo Res.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 61
wow, I need your weight gain program! (sez the 136 pounder)
Went into the Hospital at 146.
Came out at 118.

Weight Gain Plan:
1) If you can see it, EAT IT,... provided your tummy will allow it.
2) Try and get some healthy crap down the pie hole with all the rest of the crap
3) LOTZ O' Protein
4) LOTZ O' Gym
5) LOTZ O' Hiking

. :teeth

Guys I just picked up a Ellsworth Joker, it should be here Monday or Tuesday if you guys are interested in a ride

Edit, I have the next 2weeks off from work so let's ride

Went into the Hospital at 146.
Came out at 118.

Weight Gain Plan:
1) If you can see it, EAT IT,... provided your tummy will allow it.
2) Try and get some healthy crap down the pie hole with all the rest of the crap
3) LOTZ O' Protein
4) LOTZ O' Gym
5) LOTZ O' Hiking

. :teeth

thats what i need to do now.

eat.

had food poisoning for 2 days and lost over 10 lbs. ugh

So I finally got my first bike a few weeks back. Been riding it to help rehab a hip injury from a moto wreck, and figured I should have a blast while doing it, MTB is a great answer.

Decided on a cannondale f7, fits me well, and a hardtail is all I need for now. At least until I become a better rider :).

Went and did waterdog, kicked my ass... I've got a long way to go.

I need to a) stop reaching for the clutch when coming to a stop b) stop twisting my wrist to go when I get tired of pedaling c) stop turing it like I am on my moto

Here is what I got, hope to find some kick ass ride areas, and hit the snow slopes this summer...
208tul4.jpg

Guys I just picked up a Ellsworth Joker, it should be here Monday or Tuesday if you guys are interested in a ride

Edit, I have the next 2weeks off from work so let's ride
Gonna ride Christmas Eve..Prolly Demo..Maybe Wilder but prolly Demo:party
Goin' to Demo Tomorrow:ride

So I finally got my first bike a few weeks back. Been riding it to help rehab a hip injury from a moto wreck, and figured I should have a blast while doing it, MTB is a great answer.

Decided on a cannondale f7, fits me well, and a hardtail is all I need for now. At least until I become a better rider :).

Went and did waterdog, kicked my ass... I've got a long way to go.

I need to a) stop reaching for the clutch when coming to a stop b) stop twisting my wrist to go when I get tired of pedaling c) stop turing it like I am on my moto

Here is what I got, hope to find some kick ass ride areas, and hit the snow slopes this summer...
208tul4.jpg

Welcome to another addiction:party
Nice ride..Ride the piss outta the thing and have fun doing it:thumbup
There is a list of places to ride here.http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-s...ia-trails/california-bayarea/PLS_4519crx.aspx

I'm not doing a full race season next year and am looking forward to hittin' Northstar as well as other spots for my "FIX":cool

So I'm getting ready to pick up the Chameleon frame, but had a quick question. According to SC's sizing chart, I'm right at the overlap between a Small and a Medium.

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/chameleon/index.php?geometry=1

It seems that having an additional inch of wheelbase would be nice (going with a M), in regards to a little more control and less twitchy-ness.

Thoughts?

Back