• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Where is that trail ? I just bought a bike (hardrock sport disc). I'm a beginner but that looked like fun !

Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland. http://btceb.org/rides_jmp.php

The first trail in the video is Cinderella (~first 2:45). I'm not sure about the others. They don't show Chapparal, but that's the other "fun" trail there. They're both short, but that means the climbs are short too. Not sure I'd recommend them on a hardtail unless you're a good rider.

swine flu, not kosher
The only easy trail with a drop on the right is Palos Colorados

Last edited:
This is the BEST 6"-7" bike around, cheap and strong.

My first full suspension build was $2000, used frame, wheels, fork. Overshot budget by $800

I'd take one over a Nomad anyday, probably overkill for most stuff around here tho

I'd take one over a Nomad anyday, probably overkill for most stuff around here tho

Only overkill for a young pup such as yourself.
There is no amount of suspension that can be considered overkill when you bones and joints are old and achy. :(

And :twofinger on your Nomad comment.

owned!!

cracknfail.jpg

Re: Owned

Could be mistaken, but I don't think the correct word is "owned!" :wtf

In all actuality, I think the proper word would be, . . . . BROKEN :thumbup

September, October, November, December, @#$% Broken Frame, February, March, ..... :rofl :rofl :laughing
Hell, That's still a way better year than my months, ....
March, April, Torn Rotator Cuff, June, Pneumonia, Respiratory Failure, September, Knee Surgery, Novenmber, Torn Thumb Ligament, January, Torn Rotator Cuff, .... Blah Blah Blah, ... :( :cry :cry

Why is that?:hand

Not like you've ever ridden either to be able to make a comparison:twofinger

:teeth

:angel

You sure about that?

Pot Meet Kettle Ms. Tandem communication rider :twofinger

Speaking of overated Nomads, there must be a reason why you don't ride your's anymore :x

Back