• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

How did you crack it?

riding down pacifica hard, crashing a buncha times, wall rides... crashing in carlmont.

my guess is crashing fatigued it ,and when i bombed down the crack/mile at pacifica it probably started to crack from going down the rock areas with some decent speed.

Get rid of that piece of crap and buy a Reign X. :wow
Heeeeyyyy, I know someone who has one for sale at a great price. :teeth

I don't think you could beat the price I paid for the Joker

Take $675 away from your price and we have a deal :laughing

Classic, it's a shame with the laws out here, I used to take my buddies dog out riding all the time she would just run along and follow

Great stuff, you would get in some sort of problem with a ranger or some ass out there here in Cali

Really stupid if you ask me, and I already have one which is more than enough for me

Are you heading to the otter this year?

I may make it for the 1st year

I can has mountain bike????

Yeah, so I'm over the docile commuter bike and have decided to go full agro with a mountain bike that has at least 6" of travel because the dudes I hang with say that's what I'm going to need. I want a bike I can huck off 6-foot rocks.

With that said, I'm pretty serious about a Santa Cruz Nomad but want your opinions. Rox and the MTB crew, what you got for me?

Ask up in that MTB thread in the non-moto activities part. It's pages and pages long. Some of those dudes are NUTS.

riding down pacifica hard, crashing a buncha times, wall rides... crashing in carlmont.

my guess is crashing fatigued it ,and when i bombed down the crack/mile at pacifica it probably started to crack from going down the rock areas with some decent speed.

I've heard about crack, I wouldn't do it with anything less than a DH rig.

Frames are too much $$$ to "get by with".

Check MTBR for any bike's review.
Warning it's worse than barf, full of know it alls, but you'll soon find out what's what.

Yeah, so I'm over the docile commuter bike and have decided to go full agro with a mountain bike that has at least 6" of travel because the dudes I hang with say that's what I'm going to need. I want a bike I can huck off 6-foot rocks.

With that said, I'm pretty serious about a Santa Cruz Nomad but want your opinions. Rox and the MTB crew, what you got for me?
It seems the jury is out on which bike is better between the Nomad and the Giant Reign X but regardless, they are both among the best AM bikes on the planet, .... and it just so happens that I have 2 Spectacular Reign X's for sale. Basically same frame but 1 is a medium and 1 is a large.

The medium is fully built and ready to ride, race huck, bomb, etc, .... and the large is just a frame, cranks and a headset but we could get it built up in a jiff. Both frames are in spectacular/or brand new condition.

Here is pix of the large Frame.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1556583963.html

No pix of the medium as it's buried in the garage but if your interested let me know and we can chat.

It seems the jury is out on which bike is better between the Nomad and the Giant Reign X but regardless, they are both among the best AM bikes on the planet, .... and it just so happens that I have 2 Spectacular Reign X's for sale. Basically same frame but 1 is a medium and 1 is a large.

The medium is fully built and ready to ride, race huck, bomb, etc, .... and the large is just a frame, cranks and a headset but we could get it built up in a jiff. Both frames are in spectacular/or brand new condition.

Here is pix of the large Frame.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1556583963.html

No pix of the medium as it's buried in the garage but if your interested let me know and we can chat.

I'm 6'+ so a Large is in order.

I've ridden Crack/911 on my Nomad, and that day I was the only one without a DH bike riding down that trail...never again.

Same goes for riding my Nomad at Northstar, I wouldn't do it.

Last edited:

Depends on what you want to do with the bike.

Do you want something you can pedal around trails in the bay area or did you want a more of a FR/DH bike for shuttle rides/or riding chairlift assisted places like Northstar.

Last edited:
You're still in SLO, Beau? If Bishop's is open to bikes, I don't know anyone who rides it. Plenty of awesome riding out that way, with rocks EVERYWHERE - a 30 lb, 6" travel bike is totally in its element there.

MOJO.

Mojo%20side.JPG

or you can borrow my 5" travel '04 S-works Enduro 1X9 (26.5lbs) for a day....i'll chase you around on my SS.....;)

I'm 6'+ so a Large is in order.

Hey bro, I've built the reignx to 32lbs and still dropped picknic tables and 6-7 footers. Mine is now 34lbs with a badass wheelset. It's not boutique but it is the best all arounder I've ridden.

Hey bro, I've built the reignx to 32lbs and still dropped picknic tables and 6-7 footers. Mine is now 34lbs with a badass wheelset. It's not boutique but it is the best all arounder I've ridden.
I have a Supa-Badass Reign XO build in mind for Beauregard for an extremely reasonable price :teeth

Back