• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Uh... I'm from the surf culture and have no idea what "fat critter" means. Is it like "bunk" or "nug?"
As is "dude that's bunk, you're gonna suck hard" or, "dude, that's such a righteous nug, you're fully stoked."

And regarding 4" of travel, I kinda view this bike as a 7'0 fish, good in plenty of conditions and perfect for showing me whether I want to go big or small. And more importantly, it's a free loaner.

"fat critter" = Dude, that's just a big ass cat. No hidden slang :teeth
As far as your explanation, I hear what you are saying but what I said:
1) Is definitely true - another comparison would be - just because you borrowed a flat track moto and went flat tracking doesn't mean you're gonna want to hop on a KX250R and do 30 ft hi, SuperPooper Seat Grabs :teeth And if you try one with your flat track bike you're gonna kill yourself. :(
2) I really didn't start enjoy raging on a mtn bike until I got my 6.5 inch Nomad dialed in. Then it became a completely different world. (insert Reign for Nomad and you'll be close)
3) And then I really didn't get the full thrill of things 'till I got a full DH rig and went attacking Northstar.

Go get some good exercise and come DHing with us this summer :teeth

i'm gonna be riding sometime during next week weather permitting.. final piece of my new ride comes in and i am dying to rip up some mountains.

i'm super excited for summer and hitting the resorts. first summer with a mountain bike, hopefully i can survive hahaha.

Go get some good exercise and come DHing with us this summer :teeth

DH is EVERYWHERE in San Luis Obispo. If he rides the trails we rode (and they weren't the most challenging ones), he'll be ready :)

DH is EVERYWHERE in San Luis Obispo. If he rides the trails we rode (and they weren't the most challenging ones), he'll be ready :)

Stoked.

I blew up the REBA fork on the loaner, turns out it's pretty common as Rock Shox knows what part gave and they replace it and send the shock back to you ("inferior" spacer). I'm bikeless until next Thursday, but after that take me out and scare me silly.

Stoked.

I blew up the REBA fork on the loaner, turns out it's pretty common as Rock Shox knows what part gave and they replace it and send the shock back to you ("inferior" spacer). I'm bikeless until next Thursday, but after that take me out and scare me silly.

Wish I could. I've since migrated north in search of greener financial pastures. Yody and I recently did a road trip down to grab the last of my stuff, riding 40 miles between the four "primary" riding areas (The Grade / Montana de Oro / Madonna / Irish Hills).

Lemme check with some old classmates and buddies down there - they're always putting rides together if you want someone to show you some trails.

Hey guys, I'll be in San Luis next weekend (miss me some tri-tip and Frank's and Ribline and... lol).

I know Art's and Cambria bikes are there. Any other shops I should check out? Just want to poke around.

Hey guys, I'll be in San Luis next weekend (miss me some tri-tip and Frank's and Ribline and... lol).

I know Art's and Cambria bikes are there. Any other shops I should check out? Just want to poke around.

The guys at Foothill are cool, but they don't have as much stuff as Art's and Cambria.

Planning on riding when you're down there?

The guys at Foothill are cool, but they don't have as much stuff as Art's and Cambria.

Planning on riding when you're down there?

Ah, forgot about Foothill. It's more of a social, relax visit this time. I may do Wildflower in April, though.

Jake at San Luis Rides is a great dude with a smaller shop on Chorro St. across from Bulls.

motherfuckers...... fedex delivers me an empty box! i guess some fuckhead at fedex decided to steal my avid code brakes i had being delivered :mad:mad

why!!!!

Bummer!!

motherfuckers...... fedex delivers me an empty box! i guess some fuckhead at fedex decided to steal my avid code brakes i had being delivered :mad:mad

why!!!!
Shudda just asked me.
Ize gotz a couple a pair to getz ridz off. :teeth

But that does suck about the FedEx deal.

Had another great ride on Pleasanton Ridge yesterday. Elapsed time keeps falling, though that hasn't been a goal exactly. Nice to see it happening just the same.

The ground wasn't too muddy; mostly hard packed clay. There were a couple of wet areas on the wide trails, but tires didn't rut it up. It was nice to sneak a ride in before the heavens part again this week.

To bad the elixir levers are almost as bad as the codes
Undecided on the Codes. Some work flawlessly and some need lots of attention.

As far as the Elixirs, I am definitely an Avid fan, (always had Juicy 7's) they seem to work pretty darn good and they are light as hell (got my Nomad down to 28.65 pounds with medium weight pedals and a super heavy seat) but what I don't like about them is, as they start to heat up the lever gets harder and engages further away from the bar and the pad contact and/or lever adjust are absolutely impossible to do on the fly. Think next time I'll just start with the levers a little closer to the bar. :teeth

Back